Funny and SFW

Closed beta testing is for suckers.

1 Like

If you ever buy a Garmin product in the first month it’s released you will be a Beta tester. They always get stuff straitened out but I have bought 2 or 3 of their things the week they released and they just didn’t work right till the 2nd or 3rd update.

If you want to be a perpetual beta tester, buy a Tesla, lol.

5 Likes

Seems this is true for way too many computer type products. How often has Apple updated their newest operating system within a month of release and sometimes within weeks or days?

Reminds me of when Ford’s motto was “Quality is Job #1”. And people extended that to Microsoft’s motto being “Quality is Job #1.1”.

3 Likes

Trust me. Being a game tester is not nearly as fun as it sounds.

1 Like

6 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

6 Likes

“I said fix the darn thing and leave my private life out of it, OK pal?!”

3 Likes

IYKYK

3 Likes

1 Like

5 Likes

1 Like

I got to “test” a bunch of logic puzzles a few decades back after complaining to the company about its website.

Mainly, I got hundreds of free puzzles and then I gave them feedback on difficulty levels, etc., which they used to tune their algorithms for auto-grading difficulty of puzzles. And I’m still a customer there.

I decided it was a fair trade – free puzzles! And I was giving them feedback that was used to make my experience better. Win-win!

1 Like

I tested some body wash a bunch of years ago.

They gave me 6 bottles of body wash and I had to keep a body wash journal (which they provided) and then a month or two later they came to my home and collected my journal and interviewed me for 90 minutes. Yes, we really spent 90 minutes talking about body wash!

I got an envelope with $150 cash in it and of course I got to keep the 6 bottles of body wash. They took a picture of my shower.

They later called me and wanted me to come in for something else that only paid $75 for 3 hours. And I had to go to them. That, I declined. The value of my time was somewhere between $25 and $100 an hour. :woman_shrugging:

have I read that story before? feels like I have. either that, or the Deja Vu module is really on point in this iteration.

1 Like

I might have shared it before… I don’t recall.