Funny and SFW

4 Likes

2 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

one time in Hawaii we were directed to a “restaurant” on the top of an empty hill. there wasn’t anything there, much less a locked office building or a military base.

Wow! Was it at the bottom of a cliff or something?

I’ve had both Waze and Google Maps direct me to a location on the interstate when actually it was a home or business that backed to the interstate. This has happened more than once!

So I could see that if the restaurant was at the bottom of the cliff then the GPS might direct you to the top of the cliff… getting you pretty dang close latitude & longitude wise but no practical way to get there from here.

We were using Waze in Sweden when we picked up a Volvo for my wife there (cheaper than getting it in the US, even considering travel costs, much of which were included by Volvo). Overall it did very well, taking us to some locations that seems pretty obscure to us. Once thought it took us to what was supposed to be a public nature park, but was really someone’s house, and they had never heard of the park. Another time we were looking for a glass-blowing factory, and after traveling on some rather small roads we ended up on a tiny unpaved road. Couldn’t have been right. (The factory was near a town, and we hadn’t been through the town, and this tiny unpaved road couldn’t have been the best way to get to the town.)

3 Likes

#18 doesn’t explicitly mention it, but the megalomaniac must leave the room after the complicated machinery is put into action.

1 Like

13 Likes

it just didn’t exist. this was, oh, 12 years ago or so, when GPSes weren’t as validated as they are now. I’m guessing some anomaly was in a data set, hadn’t been properly scrubbed, and just persisted.

1 Like

My dad’s assisted living facility is on a state highway. Plenty of easy access.

However, both Google and Apple send people to a residential neighborhood somewhere behind it with no access.

I’ve had plenty of delivery guys calling me telling me they cannot find the place!

2 Likes

We tried using Google maps on the island of Naxos, where ‘streets’ are just narrow walking paths that exist on several levels. Kept winding up above or below where we wanted to go, and had to figure out how to find a ramp or set of stairs to go up/down and hope that path would lead back to where we wanted to go. Fun times!

In Pittsburgh, two sections near each other had different streets with the same name. Our friend lived on the one that Google always ignored. They continually had to guide people to their place by phone.

8 Likes

That’s a lot of bait… could probably catch a lot of crabs with all those mussels.

2 Likes

That car is a shell of it’s former self

4 Likes

Propulsion power is the same as what’s used in the Flintstones?

It’s got a 3,000 mollusk power engine.

Never finance a car where your loan might go underwater

4 Likes