Fold phablets

Particularly the hot dog fold kind, e.g. Galaxy Fold 4. Anyone have one, or know someone with one? (Their) Thoughts on that style of phablet? My S21 is eligible for upgrade in a few months, and I’m considering one of those, especially if I also merge into Jaspess II’s/her mom’s account.

Someone i know has one. Her SO gets the latest and greatest every year and she gets the hand me down, so i assume it was the version of the fold available in July 2021.

It seems like you get a phone that is twice the weight and thickness of a smaller smart phone that requires a lot of additional effort to use the big screen.

I have a separate phone for work, so I’m already 2x a phone in my pocket when i carry both. It’s not something for me.

I think it might be really useful for someone that can work completely from a tablet since it could replace some sort of phone/tablet/laptop combo. Probably not actuarial work unless you are just reviewing documents.

I solved my desire for having a bigger screen by buying a $100 tablet and sticking it in a drawer in my end table next to my recliner at home. That’s where i will be 95% of the time i actually want something bigger.

I’ll add that the folding mechanism seemed to have held up really well with no noticeable issues with the screen or hinge.

In fairness, this is the 3 and not the 4 (with the 5 coming out in August/September). But still, :grimacing:. If this is more than just people being dumb with them, then it gives my want of one pause.

While everything was going smoothly for Samsung because of the recent release of the Galaxy S23 series, the company is back under fire. This time, because of the Galaxy Z Fold 3. Samsung is facing backlash from Galaxy Z Fold 3 users as the screen of the foldable phone is cracking for no reason at all.

The situation gets worse for the Galaxy Z Fold 3 users as their device’s screen is cracking even after careful usage, and the issue is arising after the warranty has expired. And since the phone is out of warranty, there isn’t much a user can do but replace the screen at their own expense.

As per PhoneArena, one user reported that their device suffered a display crack even though the phone has never been dropped. As per the user, the crack appeared in the middle of the Galaxy Z Fold 3 display, while the owner is still paying off the $1,100 they spent to purchase the device.

Switched carriers, got an S23 regular. Kick the can down the road while waiting to see if the Fold5 is an improvement of the foldable technology.