Agenda
With a couple bullet points on what their second post will be! :grinning:

1 Like

Retroactive Agenda:

1. Gather
  2. Discuss
  3. Conclude

Organized by Actuarial Anonymous

I mean, we could probably put together an organized CE thread that would count if we wanted to. I’m not sure it’s worth the effort that would be required.

Doesn’t the WA Insurance Commissioner still employ an actuary or 2? Perhaps you could contact one of them directly as they understand how the CE attestation process works.

2 Likes

Related topic: The NAIC Model Illustration Reg requires the certifying Illustration Actuary to “Be a member in good standing of the American Academy of Actuaries; …”
I remember Academy reps continually protesting that there’s no such membership classification as “in good standing.” You’re either a member or you’re not.
Does the certification have to say “I’m a member in good standing.” or is it OK to skip it?

Could there be a disciplinary measure that would result in something along the lines of not in good standing?

I guess in the extreme cases the societies & Academy either permanently or temporarily revoke your membership (usually based on the recommendation of the ABCD).

What if you have a recent public reprimand/ tombstone? You’re still a member, I guess, and I guess there’s no “not in good standing” official designation. But I might feel funny saying “I am a member in good standing” if I had a tombstone published about me last week, or a case pending before the ABCD, or the SOA and/or AAA were in the process of deciding whether to act on the ABCD’s recommendation to suspend / expel me.

I dunno. I agree that there should be more clarity.

yeah in good standing seems to be a reputational thing.