FBI Raid on Mar-a-Lago

No link from Tristan Snell. Just “This is from a new DOJ filing regarding the documents recovered from Mar-a-Lago”

Searching for a new filing, I can find a “newly unsealed” filing in a Washington Examiner article dated Oct 3. It has a link to this:

The best I can do on phone logs is on page 6 …

On August 25,2022,an attorney on the CaseTeam provided the PrivilegeReview Team
attorneys with a 39-page set of materials that appears to reflect theforme rPresident’s cals.(The
majority of pages are titled "The President’s Calls’'and include the PresidentialSeal.)
Specifically, the docum ent contains hand written names, numbers, and notes that primarily appear
to be messages, as well as several pages of miscellaneous notes.

That doesn’t look like someone tore one page out of a log book. It’s possible the Jan 6 logs are in those boxes somewhere, I don’t see a support for the tweet.

1 Like

I’m surprised. I figured Thomas would personally request the SC intervene on Trump’s behalf.

1 Like

From the article:

So (presumably) none of the justices, even the three appointed by Trump, dissented.

And doesn’t it only take 3 or 4 justices to have a hearing?

Thomas is pretty hard-core in his right-wing beliefs, no doubt. But is he especially beholden to Trump?

Perhaps the question to ask is: Is Thomas particularly beholden to his wife?

1 Like

if he isn’t beholden to her, she won’t be holdin’ him

1 Like

Fair

He was the lone dissent in a prior Trump ruling where most of the legal world were scratching their head if I recall correctly.

And as Maphistos points out there is the while Ginny angle.

1 Like

Ok, I retract my question.

1 Like

My impression is that trumps legal position is equally absurd to both conservative and liberal legal experts.

You only support it if you are part of his cult of personality. Sadly, this seems to be true of the one particular judge he was able to land through judge shopping. But i think she is the exception.

1 Like

The wording of the actual denial

The application to vacate the stay entered by the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit on September 21, 2022, presented to Justice Thomas and by him referred to the Court is denied.

2 Likes

Warms your heart

3 Likes

Appeal came to Thomas because of which circuit it was in, not thru Thomas’s choice or the appellant’s choice. As I understand it, Thomas could have denied on his own, or referred to the whole court, which he did. Not one Justice said yes to the appeal.

1 Like

The judges have a lifetime appointment. Why would any of them want to be trump’s bitch? Not like they have to.

It helps that they won’t ever have to answer to him, but there is a higher chance they catch the republican brain worms if you assume they are more likely to consume conservative media.

Seems like there are probably more boxes of doc Prut there. Not surprised at all.

The DOJ has filed an appeal to end the special master’s review of the non-classified documents. The argument is that the judge erred in intervening by appointing a special master here.

1 Like

Tangentially related as it’s a Trump release of classified material: 3 years ago Trump tweeted an image of highly classified intelligence.

Can a president legally do this on his own initiative? Of course. In this case it just makes him a moron, not a criminal

3 Likes

He’s making America glorious again by showing the quality of our technology.

AG Garland to appoint special counsel to oversee investigations of Trump. One investigation is the Mar a Lago docs, the other is 1/6

Announcement coming later this afternoon

2 Likes