Fall 2023 Exam 8 Thread

I don’t remember seeing that, is there a scenario where that would be better or necessary? The case study lays out the classic horizontal method pretty well and you can calculate savings from the charge. Maybe it would be useful to check your work with?

I came across a question in a practice exam from crystal clear that asked for the savings and I solved it by getting the charge 1st and then the savings. I knew there was a more direct method and I was trying to remember it.

Hmmm…Horizontal (calculating charge first), vertical or drawing lee diagram (both can work from the top) are all I know, don’t recall seeing any other approach.

Thanks for the quick reply.
I think I had the formula wrong. (E-ELF) should be incorporated in the converted insurance charge (LCF*(E-ELF)*(charge-savings). In 2012-19, they already give the converted insurance charge.

are we allowed to tell how we felt after the exam? (e.g. I was completely beaten, I think I nailed it, that thing was a monstrosity, etc.)
I saw a lot of posts like that last Spring sitting but haven’t seen anything similar this sitting so far. So wondering if something might have changed this sitting?

1 Like

You should be able to say how you felt without saying something like “that Clark question was impossible”

1 Like

Not sure if it’s only me but I was confused by what was being asked. Hoping for a 6 …

Did anyone else felt that way? Curious if this sitting was harder than last year since pass rate was already low last time. (Please do not share anything not allowed of course)

Is it your second time? Do you think it’s harder than last year? Were there a lot of questions that you felt confused?

Sorry I had severe questions…

Sounds exactly how I feel leaving most CAS exams… half the battle is just figuring out what the heck is being asked, at least for me.

2 Likes

The exam was hard. Questions were not clear. Can’t really say how well it went.

1 Like

Should we expect everyone to have the same set of questions? I’m wondering when they will have the question bank because the syllabus will change next year.

I think that will be always a mystery :melting_face:

I would imagine that everyone still has the same question set based on the fact that CAS released an “examiners report” for the most recent sitting where they referenced specific questions. Complete guess on my part but that was my takeaway.

How did you feel it compared to last sitting? Harder easier or the same?

Haven’t taken yet.

Are we allowed to stay in front of the computer while in a break?

I guess most of us will take it on Monday. Anyone who’s already done care to tell how it went?

You control the break (pause/unpause) so yes you can just sit there if you want.

I used the last 8 minutes I had back at the computer to ponder some stuff and see if I could work out some of the problems I had not yet attempted.

2 Likes

how did the exam go on your end this sitting?

I’ll let you know tomorrow :wink:
Panic is starting to set in now