Fall 2021 Exam 8 Thread

Yep. Meaning RF + TIA has enough information to pass. Mastering the material is the reason why you do pass.

Yeah, there was a post about the CC exam 8 manual for the spring sitting in the exam 8 section.

I used TIA, RF and CC. If you can afford CC, I really recommend it !

Does RF not have a practice problem pack in addition to the cookbook, like for exam 9? It’s only the cookbook?

From their FAQ:

WILL YOU HAVE A PRACTICE PROBLEM BANK AND PRACTICE EXAMS FOR EXAM 8, SIMILAR TO EXAM 7?

I wish I could, but I don’t have plans now to create an additional practice problem bank or practice exams for Exam 8 like for Exams 7 and 9.

1 Like

Thanks, I should have looked a little harder on the website

That’s a shame, I love the RF problem packs

You know he outsourced the problem pack for 9.

I did not know that, I actually thought it was good. Now I wonder if I was helplessly biased…

no worries, maybe posts like these will help him see that there’s a demand for them

I agree, they were quite helpful in 9. Really wish he had them for 8.

From the website.

It was confusing because his name was also Stephen.

my employer just announced the planned reopening in the summer. hmm…with the limited study time and my long commute, I’m not sure I want to commit to the October exam. I really wish CAS would hold 8 in May next year.

Have you guys heard from your employer about reopening?

I agree going back to once a year for uppers will be rough.

The last I heard was “late summer” at my company but who knows. I’m certainly not asking the question.

Fall syllabus is up:

I know the link says spring but I opened it today and the header says fall 2021.

For those that had the chance to look at the new syllabus, is there any change?
Thanks.

Yes, they’ve added an errata to an existing book, and it looks like they’ve added two things to the study kit.

Thank you dude.
Is the study kit needed if I get TIA?

Just bought Crystal Clear. Time to get started.

2 Likes