Fall 2020 Exam 7 Sitting

They originally said before the end of the quarter, then said by early February and we’re still in January. So I don’t think there was an underestimation by any means.

They are deciding how much to raise the MQC by

They never send end of quarter. They said Q1 which was vague.

Read my full message.

Last I checked, end of Q1 2021 means before the end of the quarter. I don’t believe there was any sort of underestimation here. Especially if they planned to start grading after retakes administered through 12/31

No this was typical CAS being slick.

They never said that originally. Only in the letter where they said you will have it in February did they say they previously said the end of Q1. But in fact they did not say that.

1 Like

I can’t believe they are raising the MQC because people did well. Of course people did well they had extra time to study

1 Like

They gave sometime during 1Q as their first admission of when results came out. I don’t think anyone ever seriously believed it would be March 31st.

No one said that. I said that I have heard they have raised the mqc for questions in the past.

Agree with act_123 that this appears to be misinformation.

Ok good.

They were probably 5 people who took the exam on 12/31. Even if it was more, likely less than 1% of test takers so that’s no excuse.

They are dragging their feet

I don’t want to continue to assign blame and at this point I’m not even sure where the blame lies. If members volunteer and they end up having work conflicts which pushes the results, is that on the CAS or the volunteers for not being forthright about upcoming conflicts? Hard to say. I guess if they don’t have enough volunteers (ex. alternates) then its more on the volunteers than on the CAS. Either way, the CAS needs to invest in a communications department that’s a little more competent than what they have now. For me, transparency is not saying “results will be released sometime in Q1” when the stakes are this high.

Took a second to find, I was thinking back on their announcement that spring 2021 registration was starting on 12/15 (12/8/2020 update).

“Fall exam results are expected to be released during Q1 2021, and CAS is making every effort to release results as soon as possible. Candidates should be aware …”

Either way, I’m getting too antsy waiting on results.

Looks like a very low chance for exam results tomorrow since there’s been no announcement

Never know :D, but chances are we won’t hear anything until Thursday or Friday at the earliest.

I also think in the future that the CAS should just be upfront about people who failed with a 0-4 and tell them before the “Vegas reconvene” and send them an email. I feel really sorry for those who sat on 11/19 and are gonna get an F whenever they plan on releasing results, 12+ weeks later and had no chance. What a waste of time. People forget that the cycle is the start of studying till results. In this case, a 6-7 month cycle…12-13 months this time around after contemplating COVID.

No announcement until we get this to 1000 said my source

6 Likes

vorians gonna move a bunch of posts if we get close

7 Likes