Fall 2020 Exam 7 Sitting

If you keep asking, it won’t make us magically know. Between 1 and 66 days is my guess.

2 Likes

My best guess is that the CAS Powers That Be don’t know that, or they would have published it.

My guess is 1-14 days from today.

It’s probably safer to assume exams 7-9 might be released next week. The IQs probably make it more challenging to decide on a mqc.

Thanks for the updates. I appreciate any update I can get no matter how small.

These aren’t updates, they’re speculation.

1 Like

I speculate another release date gets announced tues

What is wrong with speculation. We are practicing our actuarial skillset.

I was just clarifying that these aren’t actual “updates”.

I wonder if there’s even going to be any further actual announcements or if it’s all going to be done via email to the people who sat for that particular exam and we’ll have to piece it together by going to the other exam threads.

My bet would be on the latter. I’m just gonna check everyday during the 2-3 pm window just in case.

And maybe check at night too, just in case they upload early…

I woke up, checked the WSJ and NYT headlines, checked gmail for CAS update and here we are!

They will post blank score reports at 2 PM today if I had to guess

I didn’t even notice we’re pretty much the only exam thread (somewhat Exam 9) that really transferred over here

A really interesting question for me is if the CAS will get mad at how many people decided to double up. I hope they didn’t do an analysis and end up failing people who passed or anything crazy like that to limit the pass rate.

138 posts were merged into an existing topic: CAS Exam Philosophy Discussion

I hate Canada today. But it is out of envy.

2 Likes

Amp you have more faith in them than me. The last time I felt as confident as you I ended up getting a 4. I hope you get your 8s though. Fingers crossed for you.

I don’t think amp has ever failed, thus the need to sit for 2 exams to really try to fail.

1 Like

Realistically I’m expecting one 7 and one 8. We’ll see how it goes though. It’s always possible they’re more harsh on partial credit in the excel format and I didn’t show enough work. It’d be pretty cool to say I got an 8 on all of 7-9 though, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.