Example of election lawsuit

Unless the decision was reversed at some point, there was a ruling that signatures do not have to match the voter registration in PA.

Interesting, found it here:

Looks like a technicality that goes the other way. ā€œthe high court said there are no provisions in the stateā€™s election code that specifically require counties to match votersā€™ signaturesā€

The clearest thing coming out of this whole thing is that PA really needs to take a look at their process and make some improvements.

1 Like

If they get these ballots tossed, thatā€™s an opening to then sue and do it for the entire state, which most likely WOULD change the results.

Assuming that the percent of mail in ballots in this county that have this issue extends to the whole state, Iā€™m only getting around 6500 votes, which is not enough to flip the state even if they are all Biden votes.

According to the article ā€œThe case focuses on 592 ballots that have not been counted ā€¦ā€.

If that is accurate, throwing them out would have no impact on the currently reported numbers.

But this was just an example. 592 ballots represents 0.117% of the total in Montgomery County. If there are 0.117% of ballots statewide that are invalid then thatā€™s still not enough to flip PA, but itā€™s a lot more significant. And they filed these challenges when it was looking like PA was going to be a lot closer than it is.

My Heritage-Foundation-supporting father said they had a conference call with donors the day after the election where they were talking about challenging the results in PA. But that was when PA appeared both close and decisive. Now it is neither.

I believe Heritage Foundation is also supporting an effort to do something in Wisconsin. Not sure about AZ. Now that itā€™s looking like itā€™s going to wind up 306-232, theyā€™ve got to find 37 electoral votes to flip, which is a tall order. At some point the think tanks might give up and save their money for other purposes, even if Trump himself does not.

Itā€™s shocking to me that anyone is funding this thing at this point. What a huge waste of money.

Yeah, I havenā€™t talked to my Dad recently, but at this point I think that heā€™s basically conceded that Biden did in fact win. One presumes that the Heritage Foundation would rather pursue GA Senate races than legal challenges in multiple states where Biden has a 5-digit lead. Iā€™ll ask him next time we speak and report back.

I feel like pursuing multiple lawsuits is their election strategy for GA. Energize R voters by convincing them elections are rigged and the only remedy is voting in the special election.

I can buy that, but is it possible to hold out long enough for that to be a reality? The cases seem to be falling apart pretty quickly.

Well there is no end to Trumpā€™s depravity. Heā€™ll drag this out as long as he wants. Heā€™ll start suing over the type of pen used, if he has to. Oh wait, he already has.

Well, Trump can do whatever he wants, but the more he drags it out, the less kind history will be to him, and he looks like a bigger loser in the end.

Sharpie-gate :laughing:

Thatā€™s all true. My point was that the PA totals that you see do not include these 592 ballots. If the RNC wins the lawsuit, it wonā€™t change the margin. If the DNC wins, the margin may change, presumably in the D direction.

If other counties followed the same procedure as Montgomery, they segregated these ballots and did not count them. So again, the Rs winning the lawsuit doesnā€™t change the current totals.

1 Like

This is a good point. Last week Trump was still winning in Georgia, with some hope still in AZ, and PA looked like it was dead tied and would be the tipping state. At that point, ya, trump still had a real chance to win with just a little push from the lawyers.

Now they need 3 hail marry passes in a row to even have a chance at a game tying 2 pt conversion. At this point they would need to blatantly steal the election through lawsuits. Even as a conservative, I would gladly give dems the POTUS for 4 years rather than destroy our election integrity forever.

Hold the senate, be a-holes and block Dem agenda for 2 years, live to fight in 2022 midterms.

2020 election is over.

1 Like

Yeah, if theyā€™re smart, this is where their focus should be as itā€™s the one thing that is still truly undecided and has the potential to make a difference. Odds heavily favor the Republicans, but the Democrats are not yet defeated.

I heard another good one today. Penghazi. :laughing:

time for the party to get back to the basics. If they botch this Georgia runoff, it would be a disaster for GOP.

also, as a party, we need to stop using the word fraud. It is pissing me off so bad that we keep saying this. maybe instead start telling Rs to mail in ballots en masse; stop fighting the system and instead take advantage of the system (like dems did, and won using it).

The real charge by the GOP is ā€˜Dems took advantage of the voting system to get more votesā€™. No shit sherlock, maybe we should have done that too. We went all in on voter suppression tactics that didnt work. Only ourselves to blame here.