Every once in a while a liberal says something somewhat intelligent

The problem with that is because of high oil and gas prices, the world is turning back on their coal plants. It is dirtier," Dimon said on a client call Tuesday, per the Saturday report.

“Why can’t we get it through our thick skulls, that if you want to solve climate [change], it is not against climate [change] for America to boost more oil and gas?” he continued, according to Yahoo.

The famously “liberal” Jamie Dimon.

Are you referring to his heart or his brain?

1 Like

JPMorgan Chase was ranked as the world’s top “fossil fuel financier” in a report published by environmental groups last year, who said the bank contributed a total of $317 billion to the industry between 2016 and 2020.

Dimon’s comments seem to have come more from his Republican brrain,

2 Likes

So, this thread is 0 for 2?
That is sort of expected.

2 Likes

I’d never paid attention to his politics before, but allegedly he donates more to Democrats than Republicans and a decade ago described himself as “barely a Democrat.” In 2019 he said he’s not a Democrat: “my heart is Democrat but my brain is kind of Republican”. He seems self-described as a centrist. It’s likely he was donating to Democratic causes that benefitted him, of course.

That was all pre-Trump though and I can’t speak to how he might’ve changed in that intensification of what a MAGA Republican is.

Edit: I mixed up 2 quotes from different periods and updated for accuracy.

1 Like

IMO, war-time is a good time for loose morals. You terrorize and torture your enemies. You spy on your citizens and lock them up. You draft them and force them to kill. You seize industries and profits. You pillage and steal and destroy cities.

When you you do those kinds of things, you don’t make a long-term policy encouraging it. Rather, you try to forget all about it, and take antibiotics, so that don’t give your wife syphilis.

1 Like

You might think this thread is 0 for 2, but I remind you, I’m stuck with a near-impossible task of finding somewhat intelligent quotes from liberals. This is the best there is.

1 Like

when all the cars are going in the wrong direction, you might have to wonder if it’s you

6 Likes

“Okay. You’re listening there to President Biden at the White House. He’s celebrating the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act and he says he’s been fighting big pharma for decades,” Camerota began. “But there’s this unfortunate split-screen right now with the Dow taking a total beating down more than twelve-hundred points and feels like it’s hard to be celebratory for some people.”

Her co-host, Blackwell, offered a similarly grim assessment.“Yeah, this is the day on which the White House celebrates the Inflation Reduction Act and a new report shows that inflation is especially high and what we are seeing on Wall Street is a reaction to that anticipating what’s coming from the fed,” he warned. “The decision that will come on whether to increase - likely they will increase, but by how much - the interest rates another half point or three quarters of a point. We have to see in just a few days.”

I heard Lindsay Graham then went on and saved the day for Biden. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s very strange that fox didn’t want to simply report the contrast between biden’s speech and the latest inflation numbers.

Instead they somehow wrote an entire news story that was about cnn’s choice of coverage. I assume this is because it gave extra drama as compared to the straight facts.

Another example of how trashy fox is.

2 Likes

I find it a bit annoying that Fox has elevated CNN by constantly talking about them.

Do Republicans think Lindsay Graham is gay? He’s not even trying to hide it

I don’t think they are elevating CNN among their viewers.

This, in fact, seems to be the defining Fox strategy. “Everybody else is biased. We are the only source you can trust.”

It is extremely damaging to our democracy.

3 Likes

Trump’s proposal to withdraw was because we had already given up. We weren’t going to do what was required to win or even really help them.

And the low interest rates were a boon to Wall Street investors much more than to net borrowers.

Two questions:

Trump signed the agreement three years after he became president. So who is the we that had given up? I’m confused as to why Trump’s appeal is in part because people saw Washington abandon the effort when it was Trump that formally abandoned effort. .

How were low interest rates “brutal” for lower income people?

My main point is that the author of this purrportedly intelligent article is full of shit and he should have stuck to his original thesis that Trump’s appeal is because he is an effective demagogue similar to Mussolini. His rationalizations are mainly nonsensical…

That may have been part of it, but i don’t think that trump himself considers that kind of angle.

As i recall, he wanted the photo op. Didn’t he want to take the taliban to camp david or something ?

It’s been a while since I’ve seen anything appropriate for this thread - but a quote recently happened.

not Ranger stanning a molester

1 Like

Seems like a better fit for the democrats say the darndest things thread.

What did Biden do to open the border? He seems like he had the same policy as Trump, but without wasting money on a wall, and without the abuse. Republicans are the ones that advertise this as an open border, actually encouraging more migrants making the problem worse.

2 Likes