EPL Standings Contest

Ronaldo is like Tom Brady. His body is a temple. He may be 36, but his body is that of a 31 year old. He’s got a lot to give still and ManU will benefit here a lot. I honestly think it’ll be less of a distraction given that he played there before.

MNC 5-0 ARS. And City could have run it up more if they wanted.

1. MNC is probably going to be fine without Kane or Ronaldo.
  2. I had ARS at 9th, Kid Rock had them at 10th. After today, those might be too optimistic.

:rofl:

Arsenal bottom of the table going into WCQ break. Ouch.

James redcarded for Chelsea for a handball in the box, Chelsea were controlling the match @ Liverpool but Salah converted the penalty and Liverpool are up a man the entire second half now

Current Standings through 7 games

Team Score
traina 31
538 32
Jaheigel 33
IPD 33
Ted Hoffman 34
AbstractActuary 36
Win Diesel 37
Kid Rock 37
dr t non-fan 38
sylvos 40

My variance is mostly BHA and BRE. BHA hasn’t played any of the top 4 yet. I hope they stay up. I like them in the league. BRE has performed well. Strange they had to playoff in and Norwich won the league at the Canaries suck. We will see if Josh can pull them up a little.

They are probably everyone’s variance.
Brentford has a mathy front office. That’s why I had them at 15, along with Ted and Traina.
538 has BHA at 9, which was a pretty good pick, so far. Sylvos has them at 12, but I guess the rest of their picks are as bad as mine.

Team Score
traina 30
538 30
Jaheigel 32
IPD 32
Win Diesel 34
Ted Hoffman 35
AbstractActuary 37
dr t non-fan 39
Kid Rock 43
sylvos 44

Heavy variance on Leeds and BHA. I do however have a lot of issues with Southampton and Wolves overachieving and Leicester and Newcastle underachieving.

So far, the most right team is Liverpool creating an average variance of 0.60 with Arsenal second at 0.70. The highest contributors are Leeds at 3.80 and BHA at 3.05. Both are costing me 5. The top 4 and 6 of the top 8 projected teams have a variance contribution less than 1.00. Leicester is outlier there at 2.80 in top 8. Wolves (2.90) and Brentford (2.50) are only 2 other teams more than 2.50. These 5 are costing me 19 points currently, 6 points more than average.

We haven’t had an update for a little while, but if my calculations are correct it currently looks something like:

Team Score
538 23
traina 29
Jaheigel 30
Win Diesel 30
AbstractActuary 31
IPD 32
Ted Hoffman 32
dr t non-fan 37
sylvos 37
Kid Rock 41

Everton’s dramatic underachievement (16th) driving a notable chunk of the points. Most people had it as a top-10 squad, 538 put it at 12th.

Biggest overachievers (relative to what we picked): Brighton & Hove Albion, Brentford, Wolves, West Ham
Biggest underachievers: Everton, Leicester City, Newcastle, Leeds U

I was planning to do an update after today’s game. I have the standings as of today but we have one to go. Appreciate the update. Figures match.

Team Score
538 21
traina 27
Jaheigel 28
Win Diesel 28
AbstractActuary 29
Ted Hoffman 29
IPD 31
dr t non-fan 34
sylvos 34
Kid Rock 39
Team Score
538 24
Jaheigel 28
traina 29
Win Diesel 31
AbstractActuary 34
IPD 34
Ted Hoffman 35
dr t non-fan 37
sylvos 41
Kid Rock 42

Now things get a little interesting with a nil nil draw for City. Tough game for Liverpool this week versus Arsenal. Would be good to get to a within a point.

Team Score
538 25
Jaheigel 28
Win Diesel 30
AbstractActuary 30
traina 32
Ted Hoffman 33
IPD 37
dr t non-fan 37
sylvos 39
Kid Rock 42

Final Standings:

520 moved up to a great final figure of 20. All teams improved down the stretch, but out of active forum players, Jaheigel got run down by Abstract Actuary and Win Diesel. As a tie breaker, there were 6 options.

Relegation Zone: All 3 had same picks for bottom 3 - BRE, NOR, WAT
CL Spots: All 3 had 3 teams, all thought too highly of ManU
Top Zone: All had City winning, AA had Liverpool second, Jaheigel had Chelsea and Win Man U
Smallest Largest Variance: Win 4 for LEE, AA 4 for LEE/EVE, Jahiegel 4 for LEE/EVE
Pick Contribution StdDev: Win/Jaheigel 1.14823, AA 1.19
Number of exact picks: AA 3, Win 2, Jaheigel 2
First Entered: Win Diesel

Next year I will show a tiebreaker. This year, no clear cut winner. Like a good match, it is a 3 way draw!

Team Score
538 20
AbstractActuary 27
Jaheigel 27
Win Diesel 27
Ted Hoffman 30
traina 31
IPD 34
dr t non-fan 35
sylvos 35
Kid Rock 38
1 Like

I estimate I would have been around 30 if I had submitted an entry. Will watch for the contest next season.

Newcastle may even make the top 7….

IIRC in the past the tiebreaker was decided by matching picks to the table, starting from the top. By which measure abstract actuary would be top, since they picked liverpool second, as opposed to MNU and Chelsea

Wow. Feels good. Thanks for running the game! Go Spurs!