DWS Salary Surveys

Am I blind or are the DWS table-based salary surveys gone? All I see are the charts…

That’s all I see also.

Yes, it’s been that way for a couple months at least, bummer.

Can’t you recreate a table using the formulas on the charts?

Wait, we didn’t all boycott this survey out of principle this year?

1 Like

How do you boycott information?

Boycott responding to their survey requests and boycott their placement services.

Dunno but this gives me a reason to just not visit their website

1 Like

I don’t think so. Table was 10-90 percentiles, formulas give you point estimates

1 Like

Yeah, this happened a while ago. Maybe even around the same time that they took down the AO. I remember thinking that DWS was making a bunch of dumb decisions all at once. Why kill their most useful resources?

4 Likes

Maybe now they provide that information only if you use their services.

If you want ranges, Ezra Penland has ranges: Actuarial Salary Surveys for Actuaries, the Leading Actuary Source | Ezra Penland Actuarial Recruitment

Like DW Simpson, Actuarialcareers does not have ranges, but they have interesting ways of looking at it: 2020 Salary Survey Results - Actuarial Careers

2 Likes

Well, as usual, I’m not even at the lowest point for my YOS and credential on the life survey (what I work in now) but I’m just barely inside the range for pensions, my prior area. Of course, I’m making >20% more now than I did when I worked in pensions, so…not really comforting, I guess.

Ezrp surveys always seemed crazy high to me

If I remember right, Ezra Penland shows a bigger range than DWS did. So maybe DWS was middle 75% (I forget) but Ezra Penland shows middle 85%, so the top end looks relatively high.

Also I am looking at Ezra Penland right now and it is unclear to me if this is total comp or salary.

But I tend to agree the EP has looked high to me.

DW Simpson was the middle 80%, I think. So 10% made less and 10% made more.

Ezra Penland asked me for total comp when i filled out their survey.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one. I look at the surveys and even though I live in the 'Po I’m not in the bottom of my range.

Unless, do people factor in health/life insurance, etc. to total compensation? Maybe I’m in reach of the lowest end.

Someone asked me to talk to a group of HS students about the career. Are entry level sals in the $60K-$75K range depending on exams? (possibly higher)

Just checking to see that I read the surveys right, but also if anyone has a recent hire experience that tells me this is crazy low or high (less likely).

thanks

1 Like

I think it’ll vary a bit in order of influence by…

number of exams
geography
specifics of work (how demanding, etc.)

But yeah I’d agree with your range

I would also say though that the lucrative part of actuarial really relies on getting through most/all of the exams.

2 Likes