Ducks

it’s a grain mix from the local feed mill. Goes on a plate. They vary between eating it and shitting in the plate.

3 Likes

interesting.

for baby parrots you have to get like a tube and shove the formula down their throat at a very specific temperature

We didn’t hand-feed them.

So are the ducks Peking out of their shells yet?

2 Likes

are any of the shells quacked?

1 Like

:hammer: get to it!!!

ROFL

Sound on:

4 Likes

Cheep eggs

2 Likes

Awww

When are you building the airplane?

Currently discussing the next step that will require some construction. Choice 1 is a coop in the back yard underneath trees. Pros are not visible from the street, and more room for them to roam. Cons, more construction and I’m concerned about building something that is coon and cat proof. There’s definitely critters back there. Choice 2 is they overnight in the garage. Pros are easier, just some fencing and the garage is animal proof. And, it’s a bright sunny location (they’d have access to my vegetable garden as well). Cons, less room for them to roam and visible from the street. We are in a residential neighbourhood, so having ratty looking chicken wire in the side yard isn’t ideal.

Moving along.

5 Likes

THE CHIRPING!!!

Babies!

1 Like

they look pretty mature right out of the shell.

I thought baby birds are usually featherless and blind. Or maybe that’s just parrots.

IFYP :baby_chick: :duck:

I’ve only seen fresh hatched chickens so I’m surprised that some birds are blind and featherless when they hatch.

1 Like

well I watched a lot of parrot videos before I owned one. but they are pretty ugly freshly hatched

2 Likes

My spouse wants another parrot, they had an African grey before we met (their ex killed it, not joking even a little :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:). I don’t have that level of commitment in me (60+ years in captivity).

Two are out and in the garage.another has its shell open.fourth has cracked the shell.

5 Likes