Dominion suing the lying liars

1 Like

I read about this in… either NYT or The Economist this morning… can’t recall. I’m very :popcorn:

2 Likes

Any ideas about suing some of these news organizations for pushing vaccine misinformation? I could see a wife whose husband refused to get vaccinated and died of Covid going after them. No idea how that could hold up in court. I definitely think this is how you protect free speech and combat lying though. Sue the liars every time their lies cause damage.

1 Like

Fox lost its challenge to be removed from the suit. This could get popcorn worthy.

For those who like to read while eating popcorn:

So the recent issue seems to be over whether they could sue Fox Corp in addition to just Fox News. Fox Corp lost.

The New York Times recently won a case brought by Sarah Palin. But:

This will be interesting. I’m sure there is a high bar for Dominion to clear for them to prevail and I don’t think any of the early claims are problematic as that was legitimate news even if it was relatively quickly debunked.

I think it’s Fox continuing to push it after it was debunked and Dominion asked for and did not get corrections is where Fox seems like they may get in trouble.

Agree.