Doggo thread

How is Millie’s cough?

2 Likes

My dog has hurt herself somehow. Occasionally she whines in pain when she stretches so I think it’s time to mellow out on jumping.

@Echo: Uh oh!!! Do you have an owie boo boo??? You should get so much chikkinz and ear skritchy skratchies to make u feel soooo much better!!!

1 Like

FWIW my dog hurt a leg sometime back. She wouldn’t put any weight on one of her hind legs so I took her to the emergency vet. They told me they expected she had the doggie equivalent of a torn acl and probably needed surgery. Before proceeding further, they advised we needed to wait 2 days for the swelling to go down. They could get better images then and work on a treatment plan.

1 day later the dog was barely limping, and 2 days later she was normal. Got no further vet treatment for that injury. Dogs have miraculous healing capacity.

2 Likes

I haven’t heard her whimper when stretching this morning but will try to keep her mellow for the day.

3 Likes

She is making me feel guilty for not playing fetch with her.

1 Like

Stay strong! A day of rest can do wonders.

1 Like

I’m contemplating fetch with the ball staying low so she won’t jump. I hate saying no to those hopeful eyes.

2 Likes

I had a dream where my legs stretched very long, so I could walk right up to the counter and eat the chicken and other good food I don’t get though I am clearly supposed to have. Not saying that had anything to do with the injury… But I am feeling better, thanks.:dog:

2 Likes

Our female dog is acting somewhat anxious today…as if she’s predicting an earthquake or something…but https://www.allquakes.com tells me that we are not.

Mebbe go see if little Timmy has fallen down the well!!!

2 Likes

For some reason in the past year or so, our 14yo dog has determined it is my job to let him outside. He will walk right past Mrs G to come into the office and get my attention to take him to the door and let him out.

3 Likes

My dog has the same opinion, except with playing fetch.

I am typically in charge of all doggo activities/potty breaks for most of the day. I pass the baton after dinner. The dog has figured out who to poke at what time, which is interesting.

3 Likes

Chewy is unlike @Echo in many ways. He was probably 3-4 when we got him, so never had the puppy experience with him. He is a dedicated underfoot-in-the-kitchen hound, but not a counter-surfer, and squirrels, fetch, and digging are of no interest. He did want to be let off-leash when we came upon deer while walking, but doesn’t pay much attention when they are behind the fence. His vision is probably going due to light cataracts, though.

1 Like

She was guesstimated to be about 2 when I got her, so no puppy experience with her either. It took her awhile to learn to play fetch. She liked to chase balls, but had to learn the bringing it back and dropping it part.

1 Like

A gentleman doesn’t speculate about a lady’s age either. Grrr :dog:

1 Like

My dog came down with a cough last night. I’m guessing she has a case of kennel cough as I boarded her Saturday night. She had something similar last summer, and got over it in a day or 2. Debating whether to make an emergency vet visit today, or see if she’s improving tomorrow.

I do have some meds left over from her incident in the summer that I haven’t given her yet.

1 Like

two days ago my dog yelped while playing with a toy. since then has been slow/careful on the stairs (up and down). but can get down from the bed and up to the couch. no yelping while doing any of these things but moving gingerly. walks totally fine. I’m gonna ride this out and see how long it takes to for the speed to return

1 Like