Do you do elf on the shelf?

that’s lovely

Worked for me. That’s whem I stated playing poker instead of table games.

Neither is God imo.

neither is clapton

if she’s that dumb, i guess she would deserve that shame

2 Likes

I kissed Santa, although it was only on the cheek & no mistletoe. My kids saw me too.

Honestly, people. While I didn’t want Santa to be a big deal for my kids, we still had fun with it. My dad started playing Santa when I was in 7th grade, to make extra money for us to have Christmas. It’s something he continued over the years and I have pics of my kids sitting on his lap and yes, I have a picture of that kiss.

My baby sister must have been under 3 when Daddy started playing Santa and as much as we tried to tell her it was Daddy she cried in all the pictures.

Back to the song, even though I heard it before my daddy started officially playing Santa, I always knew that the Santa in the song was the kid’s daddy. Not creepy at all, just a childish misunderstanding.

How are you going to make her trust you ever again?

Do you believe the Messiah will come one day?

No

Then how do you call yourself Jewish?

Do you go around telling the Jews the Messiah in not coming? That they are all wrong, too?

And the Muslims that Mohammed wasn’t really a Prophet of God?

Side note; we did Elf on the Shelf for a few years with my son. I don’t think he really believed the elf was spying for Santa (though he still believed in him.

It was the game of finding him each morning.

This is the first year we aren’t doing it.

being jewish is just as about culture and heritage as it is about religion. a lot of atheists still consider themselves jews.

no, i don’t tell jews that. they aren’t as in your face about their beliefs as christians are. i don’t know any muslims to tell them anything. in kindergarten, it was a christian kid who told me jesus is god. no jews said anything to force their religion on me at all.

That’s where Trust Funds came from

My kids were too old for an EotS by the time it became popular. But Santa was a thing in our house. As they got older and started to figure it out, they learned that Santa is simply a symbol of generosity, that it’s fun to believe and we incorporated him into charitable giving.

My youngest stepdaughter asked for an elf when she was 6. We played along and she would write letters to him and he would write back. It was fun even as she got older and I knew she knew but she wanted to keep playing so I did.

This year, I dug out all of the letters they exchanged over the years and put them in a notebook along with some pictures. :mrs_claus::heart::green_heart:

To believe in making wishes
And have faith they can come true
To believe that you can find some joy
In everything you do
To believe in giving gladly
For no reason, just because
To believe in Love, that’s what it means
To believe in Santa Clause :santa:

2 Likes

20221223_205048

3 Likes

1 Like

I moved some posts about worship to their own thread.