Do I want to get "One FREE year of AAA"?

True, I guess I wasn’t specific enough. Mine does that too.

I might be able to manually lock the inside passenger door and get it to shut with the key fob inside. I know my Dad borrowed my last car one time when I was out of town and left it at the airport for me with one key locked in using that technique and I used the other key to retrieve it. I haven’t tried that with the new(ish) car. It may be possible.

But accidentally locking your keys inside is tough.

Regarding this…I’ve started looking at hotels…the price quoted by AAA for the exact same hotel is more expensive (~4%) than what I can get from kayak.com. The kayak-price is non-refundable. It seems like the AAA reservation is also non-refundable, but I can’t quite tell. If I go directly to this hotel’s website, it’s roughly the same as kayak. If I tell the hotel’s website that I’m a AAA member they charge me about a buck more. :man_shrugging:

Am I AAAing wrong? …or is this roughly how it works?

p.s., I looked at Costco & just regular old google results & was having trouble comparing apples to appelsiini. Maybe I’ll look again tomorrow.

The AAA discount at many chain hotels is fairly limited, especially as compared to special prices made available to members of their frequent guest programs, but that varies from chain to chain, as does the question of whether the AAA rate is less restrictive.

I have status with Hilton, and I wouldn’t bother with an AAA membership if I were using it primarily for discounts at Hiltons.

I used to have status with Hyatt, and back in the day AAA made a bit more of a difference there.

1 Like

you probably get more discounts with your AmEx

1 Like