DNGAF Friday

Gotta GAF today. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Same

1 Like

Itā€™s like a year until your next YE review, whatā€™s the worst that could happen?

4 Likes

Iā€™m on my third Friday of being off work, and I have five more ahead of me! Iā€™m still in bed, might take a nap and then go for a nice walk.

The last time I was off work this long was when I had my son. I could only afford to take off 8 weeks then, because STD was only paid at 80% and I was the sole earner. And that was stressful and I was so glad to get back to work. I am not sure Iā€™ll be itching to go back to work this time, as STD is paid at 100% and I donā€™t have a newborn sucking the life out of me this time and a body that feels foreignā€¦other than the literal foreign object now screwed into my neck.

5 Likes

Dammit, Dan!!!

1 Like

At a meeting for a nonprofit and Iā€™m outta here at 3. Then Iā€™m going to a local used book sale to stock up for my little free library.

1 Like

Iā€™ve completed the 2 things that had to get done today. My manager and half the team took the day off anyway. So I might go take a short hike in a bit. Itā€™s cold but sunny out.

Iā€™ve been derailed by being a team player. Now Iā€™m behind on my direct work.

1 Like

Thatā€™ll teach you

Being a team player is for suckers.

1 Like

More downsizing yesterday at Humana as we got an email Thursday at 6AM from our CEO announcing our exit from employer group insurance. Some people got 60 day notice yesterday others will over the next 12 months. We just had a re-org last year so seems it will be another stressful year to be a leader. Had PTO scheduled today so definitely DNGAnyFā€™s at all today.

6 Likes

Iā€™m sorry ā€¦ that sucks.

1 Like

I just got an email from a recruiter Iā€™ve never heard of advertising jobs at Humana. Strange!

Companies whose only LOBs are government sponsored plans? Do not recommend.

Also the largest nursing home provider and I think one of the 2 or 3 largest employers of Primary Care Physicians.

Heyoooo.

Gotta GAF today: we have a meeting later this aft to look at the whole reserve movement and even the balance sheet!!! Iā€™m an actuary, not an accountant, dammit!!!

1 Like

Gotta GAF: relatives staying over tonight, so have to clean up the place.

Concert Monday night (sonā€™s choir), KU basketball Tuesday night, robotics last night, Iā€™m looking in the well and not finding and Fs to G. My last call ends at 2:30 and I donā€™t anticipate staying at my desk much longer than that.

1 Like

stuck GAF today. Drat! gota prepare for a big presentation and also some other things. gone by 345 though, pinky promise