Did you see Parasite and was it mind blowing?

I’ve heard that you needed to prepare for it.

1 Like

I had never even heard of it until last night. :grimacing:

I will check it out though.

Just watched the trailer. :astonished:

1 Like

The trailer is creepy but I certainly didn’t think, “Hey, I wanna see that!” when I saw the trailer. A good friend who watches every nominated film (she works for a media outlet) said that it was, indeed, mind blowing.

I thought it was a great movie. It wasn’t mind blowing throughout but there were scenes where I was like “so you are just gonna throw that out there. Well alright then.”

I had never heard of it until it won all the awards. I would like to see it though.

It was a good, entertaining movie.

One of the best movie’s I’ve seen.

Also watched some reviews on its cinematography, apparently it’s top notch too - the imagery (stairs going up and down to resemble the class system, the direction the rain water is going, the kid’s water-proof tent vs flooding, the exact moment when the tone of the movie changes - around the 50% mark, the peach allergy scene), all done to perfection.

I thought it was a good movie. Not gonna lie though I was expecting a radically different movie than what it was, but it was good all the same.

The hallmark of a good movie, most of the time.

Haha that’s fair. I was kind of expecting a horror movie about an actual parasite. Despite some dramatic moments I don’t think I’d call it a horror movie and there weren’t any bug-like parasites.

If a movie like that actually won Best Picture, I’d be very surprised.
When’s the last time a thriller won anything? The Shining? Silence of the Lamb?

Well, it’s a horror movie because it accurately depicts how people are actually living in S Korea right now.

(and most asian cities).

and there’s some blood.

also the guy emerging from the basement and the boy fainting is pretty scary.

about midway through i thought it was one of those great movies that come around every 5 yrs or so. Great directing, acting, and story. After the ending… mind blown

before or after the twist?

just before, when they were enjoying themselves while the family was away