Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

12/29/2022 Unique Multiplication

Use the numbers from 1 to 9 once each to make this multiplication problem true. We’ve placed the 4, 7, 8, and 9 to get you started. Can you place the rest of the numbers?

12/29

1 Like

Correct!

12/28

INSECT
NEEDLE
SENIOR
EDICTS
CLOTHE
TERSER

1 Like

Correct!

12/30/2022 Boggling

In this S-less alphabet grid, move from letter to adjacent letter - horizontally, vertically, or diagonally, but never repeating or returning to a letter within a word - to spell out five 7-letter words. You can use the clues, which are listed alphabetically by their answers. Can you find all five words?

(I add: The part about the grid of letters is confusing. Each of these words is independent, so letters CAN be used more than once, just not within each individual word.)

Clues: make louder * one more * hazelnut’s other name * sugar pill * harder to solve

12/31/2022 Coordinated Placement

The three words coded below are clues to the placement of their letters in this grid. Each number in the code represents the sum of the column and row headings of that letters. Can you put the letters into the proper cells of the grid to spall a title, reading across?

12/30

AMPLIFY * ANOTHER * FILBERT * PLACEBO * TOUGHER

1 Like
12/31

AULD LANG SYNE

1 Like

Correct and correct!

Thanks for playing.

Thanks for hosting.

Good fun had by all, but the steam seems to be all gone.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
[/ End Thread]

4 Likes

once more in English

You’ll have to look around to see if there’s another puzzle thread, but I don’t know of one off the top of my head. We tried to use a lot of spoilers in this thread, so you can just go to the very beginning and do the puzzles at your own pace. Maybe not as much fun as doing them “live” with others, but still fun.

Or you can post your own puzzles!

I’ve been thinking of posting some harder ones, but I think there’s a delicate balance between being easy enough to not require a lot of time and not easy enough to be solved without much thought. I’m guessing the ones I’m thinking of are on the harder side.

Post 'em if you got 'em.

2 Likes

Goals Scored

Argentina, Belgium, Canada, and Denmark are four countries whose national soccer teams are drawn into the same group in this year’s World Cup. In the tournament, they play each other in round robin fashion: each team plays every other team once. Considering goals scored through all games, Argentina scored the greatest number, Belgium the second greatest, Canada third, and Denmark fewest.

Argentina won their match against Belgium by 4 goals to 1, and Denmark won against Canada. The other four matches were ties. What was the score of the match between Canada and Denmark, and which team had the fewest number of goals scored against it?

From The Bent, Summer 2022, who got it from My Best Puzzles in Logic and Reasoning by Hubert Phillips

D: 1 C:0
D: 1 GOAL AGAINST

1 Like

Beat me by seconds! Nice
I also just realized also I counted wrong on my second answer.

Almost 24 hours and we decide to post at the same time.

weird

IDGAF Fridays? :smiley: