Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

12/22/2022 Holiday Decor

This incomplete chart shows the number of various Christmas ornaments. There are 19 red ornaments and 49 green ornaments. Each color comes in large or small. The number of large green ornaments is twice the number of large red ornaments. The number of small green ornaments is three times the number of small red ornaments. If someone selects a red ornament at random, what is the probability that it will be large?

12/21

NAUGHTY NICE
PEAK VALLEY
DAY NIGHT
CHAOS ORDER
RAIN SHINE
REAP SOW

1 Like

12/22

42%

1 Like

Correct!

12/23/2022

Fill in the grid with ten 4-letter entries: four across, four down, and two on the downward long diagonals. Clues are given in random order. One letter is already placed. Can you fill the grid?

Paid athletes
Lion sound
Army beds
Karate move
Study all night
Feedbag fill
Untidiness
Bagel center
Coconut tree
Palo ____, CA

12/24/2022 Two At The End

If the digit 2 is written at the right-hand end of a certain number, that number is increased by 5753. Find the number.

12/23

1 Like
12/24

1 Like

Correct and correct!

12/25/2022 A Visit From St. Nick

Pair up each three-letter word with a four-letter word and rearrange the seven letters together to form a word or name associated with Santa’s visit. Each word below is used once only. What are the four words?

POD        HYMN
ANY        REST
ICE        THUG
PEN        HURL

12/26/2022 Triple Play

Insert the same letter into any position in each set of three words to create three 5-letter words. None of the added letters is S. When you’re finished, unscramble the six added letters to form something that might be English.

1. COLD     BOGS     ONCE
2. EVES     UNIT     QUIT
3. VISA     SAID     CUER
4. ERSE     WHET     RIDS
5. HEED     BRAN     SEAR
6. DOOR     GASH     ALOE

Final word: _________________________

12/26 I think the answer is Juglans regia

1 Like
12/26
1. COuLD     BOGuS     OuNCE
2. ElVES     UNlIT     QUIlT
3. VIStA     StAID     CUtER
4. ERaSE     WHEaT     RaIDS
5. HEwED     BRAwN     SwEAR
6. DOnOR     GnASH     ALOnE

WALNUT, with DP providing the Latin

1 Like

Correct

12/25

POD + HURL = RUDOLPH
ICE + HYMN = CHIMNEY
ANY + THUG = NAUGHTY
PEN + REST = PRESENT

1 Like

Correct!

12/27/2022 Crime Caper

Four known criminals were brought in for questioning about a house burglary. One and only one of them is guilty of the crime. The criminals make these eight statements about the burglary:

Daniel: “I’m innocent. I didn’t do the burglary.”
Muffy: “I’m innocent. Daniel did the burglary.”
Vincent: “I’m innocent. Either Muffy or Wanda did the burglary.”
Wanda: “I’m innocent. Vincent is the culprit.”

If four of these eight statements are true and four are false, who committed the burglary?

12/27

Summary

Daniel committed the burglary.

True statements are: Muffy (1), Muffy (2),Vincent (1), and Wanda (1)
False statements are: Daniel (1), Daniel (2), Vincent (2), Wanda (2)

1 Like

Correct!

12/28/2022 Boxed Mix

Unscramble the six words and enter them into the grid in some order so that the same words read across and down. One letter has been placed already. Watch out! Some scrambles may give more than one word, and only the correct six words will make the square.

N O R I E S
C H O T E L
T S I N C E
S T E E R R
L E E D E N
D C I T E S