Daily Brain Puzzlers Calendar

I think you are right

Correct!

I missed the missed 35 and was thinking it wasnā€™t unique, as the chain words ok, of course. Iā€™m glad NN pointed it out, as Iā€™d already scanned it a couple times and would have wasted more time on it.

Correct !

11/03/2022 Office Pool

There are 42 people in an office lottery pool who each pay a certain amount weekly. The pool organizer uses the money to purchase multiple lottery tickets for that weekā€™s draw, and the members of the pool share any winnings. One week, 7 people were on vacation and did not play, so all of the others in the pool each chipped in an extra $3 so the same number of lottery tickets could be purchased. How much money do each of the 42 people usually pay each week?

$15

1 Like

11/04/2022

Use the given letters to fill in the empty squares so that each row across spells a word and so that the shaded letters, clockwise from the top, spell some animated dancers.

(added by me: I seriously donā€™t think youā€™ll need the list of letters for this. If Iā€™d been writing the puzzle, Iā€™d have left them off)

I M P O S E
S O A P U P

Correct!

11/4

Didnā€™t use the letters, the clue was too easy

H
SKI
EQUIP
STIRRUP
UNDERGO
MIXUP
AGO
T

HIPPOPOTAMUSES

1 Like

Correct.

The toughest part of the puzzle was thinking of the connection between animated dancers and hippopotamuses. That took a few seconds.

For me, that was instant. The hardest part was spelling the word and was it EGO or AGO

1 Like

I was thinking of the other definition of animated, so whirling dervishes or whatever.
I needed to adjust my definition first.

1 Like

11/05/2022 Magical Thinking

Put a number in each empty cell of this magic square so that every row, every column, and both main diagonals add up to the same value. There is only one way to complete the square. Can you find it?

11/06/2022

Add the same letter (represented by the question mark) to the letters in each ā€œpie sliceā€ below and then rearrange them to form a common English word for each slice. What are the four words?

(Pie and slices are too hard. Iā€™m gonna list the 4 sets of letters. Add the same letter to each and unscramble.)

OREHG
IKANN
IOAN
ITRUN

11/5

43 61 7
1 37 73
67 13 31
1 Like

11/6

gopher
napkin
piano
turnip

1 Like

both correct!

11/07/2022 Number Maze

In this maze, start at the 2 in the top-left corner and move horizontally or vertically (but never diagonally) to reach the star in the bottom-right corner. At each move, travel the same number of squares as the number in the cell you are currently on. Since you are starting on a cell containing 2, your next move is either 2 squares to the right or 2 squares down. The next move will be based on your new cellā€™s number. Can you find the correct path?

11/08/2022 Code Crossword

Each repeated letter in this 5x5 word square has been replace by the same number everywhere it appears. Letter occurring only once are not numbered. Use letter patterns to reconstruct the grid of 10 different words (five across and five down) with the help of the randomly ordered clues.

Clues: cosmic payback * iron output * companies * dark * corn throwaways * twitch * _____ and puffs * open, as a bottle * twenty * plant life

11/8

H U S K S
U N C A P
F L O R A
F I R M S
S T E A M
1 Like