Covid 19 Vaccine Side Effects Thread

Why are people so obsessed with using horrible science for their own selfish needs?

Including all the lies about a “Stanford Study”

1 Like

So, in the end, after Pfizer #1, I was extremely tired for about 12 hours, most of the time I was asleep. And moderately tired for another 12. So not at all bad, but not nothing. Knocking on some serious wood for #2 in a couple weeks.

2 Likes

My 21yo daughter had her 2nd shot today and passed out right after. She is the one person in the family who didn’t get Covid (she was out of state) & only had a mild headache after the first shot.

She is fine now and planning to babysit tonight.

Glad she’s feeling better now.

Does she have a history of strong vasovagal response?

works better in your arm

1 Like

should be fine in any muscle…

Not to vaccines. Usually it’s when she’s having her period, or when she hasn’t eaten (which she is better about managing now.) But in my family there are several women who faint easily. We call it the family curse. It happened so much for my sister that she had all kinds of tests run until she finally told her doctor she didn’t want to keep paying for them. We did have her checked out when she was a teen just to be sure there wasn’t some deficiency but all the basic tests were fine.

2 Likes

Not the same thing but related in a way. I had a bit of this yesterday. Second shot on Wednesday, started feeling side effects by Wednesday night. Yesterday morning I felt lousy and much like when I had Covid and after the first shot, I completely lost my appetite. Food was just repulsive. I made it to the couch but passed out briefly. Probably from low blood sugar/dehydration. So sort of a chain reaction side effect. :woman_shrugging:

I’ve forced myself to eat but still have no appetite at all. Kinda hoping that part lingers :joy:

I definitely had no appetite with Covid and with vaccine side effects. Forced down some soup so I wouldn’t get dehydrated.

just a thought for those with injection site soreness

I was in my car and brought my arm up for better access. the nurse said no flexing, relax, I brought my hand down and she said just let your arm dangle, no muscle

Wife and I had no injection area side effects at all

1 Like

How social is the place usually? Do you usually hang out with other guests?

I’m looking at a vacation in August that may have similar restrictions, and I’m wondering how it’s going to play out. It’s a place where we usually spend most of our time socializing with other guests. (watersports, playing games, or just hanging out talking) The good thing is that a lot of the social space is outdoors, so if the weather is nice we can sit at the waterfront and socialize with our masks on. If it rains, though, it might be a crappy vacation. I guess I should bring a lot to read.

Doesn’t everyone know to do this with injections? My kids obviously don’t follow it because they’re scared shitless about shots but I thought adults knew to always do this.

1 Like

I never really thought about it, usually I would put my arm in a best position for access

1 Like

I am anxious enough about needles that i often tense a little to avoid flinching.

:woman_shrugging:

That’s why you don’t look!

I don’t look. I’m still anxious, and if i feel the needle unexpectedly, i jump. I hold my arm still and ask the nurse to tell me when she’s about to stab me. That’s been working well.

Knowing it & doing it are two different things.

I didn’t know. I don’t get overly anxious about needles as it is though.

You’re fully vaccinated. By August, Schroeder will be, too. And still you’re going to socialize with masks on outdoors?!

What kind of science-denying anti-vaxxer are you, Miss Van Pelt?

One who follows the rules.

I agreed to wear a mask in public areas when i signed up for this trip. If they change the rules before i get there, and no longer require masks on the waterfront, i won’t wear one. And if i do, well, maybe i won’t need sunscreen.

:woman_shrugging: