Costco Ham

Oh right, Carl Weathers (played by Carl Weathers) who was giving Tobias acting lessons! (Thanks google!)

1 Like

Booooo. Well, hopefully they can get celery salt redefined.

Good thing I’ve cut out all cured meats in my low sodium journey

1 Like

So you got the 5lb Black Forest? You know, the one that’s $1 cheaper (more or less) at the register?
:nerd_face:

1 Like

You know my strategy for dealing with high gas prices—only fill the tank up halfway—save 50%!

4 Likes

I mean, I drive like 10% of the time compared to pre-covid. It’s like getting a raise!

1 Like

“F’ing good ham, Ma.”

%% NSFW language %%

1 Like

This is one of the hardest things about low sodium. A sandwich was my go to lunch. Now…

Huh, i don’t think “cured meat” when i think “sandwich”. At home it’s probably pb&j, or maybe tuna salad. At a cafeteria it’s probably chicken breast.

Anyway, nitrates are extremely good at preventing botulism. That’s why they are traditionally used in cured meats. Botulism used to be nicknamed “sausage poisoning”.

It’s true that cured meats have been associated with shorter lifespan (and despite what vegans might say, the same isn’t true of fresh meat.) But that’s a small effect, and cured meats are delicious in moderation.

They are delicious regardless of moderation…

2 Likes

I’m more of a lunch meat and cheese girl. I do like tuna salad but I’d have to find low sodium tuna and mayo for that to work. I might do that sometime.

I like lunch meats well enough of i go to a restaurant, but at home they don’t keep that well, and old lunch meats are nasty.

I had a job when i was 20 where i brown bagged every day. And for a while i bought sliced ham for my lunches. And at some point i stopped being able to eat that ham. Week old sliced ham just tastes wrong.

RN

1 Like

ya think?