Companies to try to avoid

Willis towers watson sucks on the casualty consulting side if you are an experienced credentialed actuary.

Probably ok if you are entry level looking to work in a fast pace environment with exposure to a variety of projects. Get your credentials and move on.

2 Likes

More generic advice about companies: if you can, it’s better to speak with both someone currently with the company and someone that left. Sometimes those no longer with the company may have an axe to grind. Maybe they were a low performer. Maybe they just had a crappy boss and others in the company may have a different experience.

Agree that those in the department you are interviewing with may sometimes have an incentive to paint a rosy picture if they really need help. If you have a connection in the company outside the department, give them a call.

1 Like

WTW is an absolute s***hole of a company run by the worst people imaginable.

I think we all know that most companies suck.

I haven’t heard anyone praise an actual company

All jobs suck. People pay other people to do things because they don’t want to do them otherwise.

1 Like

Maybe we need a thread that is what makes a company good or better than average

Done!

lol, now say it with your main id!

i don’t have an alt. this is probably a thread where an alt would be useful.

1 Like

Oh ao fan you

I’m currently at one that doesn’t suck and they seem to think my work’s good, which probably helps with the not-sucking part.

this is not enough. they also need to reward you for it. otherwise it’s all just empty talk

They are

Would you still be doing it if they didn’t pay you?

1 Like

This is my main/only ID! Anonymity has no impact on my willingness to speak honestly about that company.

1 Like

I hope you don’t still work for WTW.

merger after merger couldn’t possibly be good for morale there.

1 Like

eveyrone shit talks their company. nobody likes their company :frowning:

not everyone says this about their company. if they do, hopefully they found a different place to work.

2 Likes

I liked my old companies and my current one. There are some issues but it has more to do with personnel.

say their names

1 Like

If you want companies who’ll be happy to have you working 5 hrs a day and paid for a full time job, you might be looking for a long time.