I’m sure there’s plenty in this plan to upset the proggies and libs. Go:
The plan is to solve all of America’s biggest problems… duh. Why do you hate America?
It’s not really a plan, but it’s a platform, which is honestly an improvement from “We love Trump, so forget a platform, we promise more of the same!” This is the closest thing I’ve seen to an attempt to move on.
It’s a bit funny to me that the Republican “plan” for the last decade or so has been “make the libs cry”. Then this comes, which is at least an attempt to lay out goals, even if not really a plan - but it is presented here with the OP saying “this should make the libs cry”.
Can someone please summarize or paste? I don’t want to see a bunch of ads about it later.
It’s more platitudes than a plan. Take their healthcare “plan” for example:
Achieve Longer, Healthier Lives for Americans
Personalize care to provide affordable options and better quality, delivered by trusted doctors
Longer lives, affordable options, and better quality… who could argue with that? Sounds great, but it’s like the most beautiful healthcare plan that will come out next week with great coverage, cheap prices, and no exclusions for preexisting conditions.
Notably, i didn’t see “protect the unborn” listed anywhere. Maybe i missed it.
I think if you look at Newt Gingrich’s Contract with America, you’ll have it.
is this the gay agenda
On the one pager, it was listed under “preserve our constitutional freedoms”
Preserve Our Constitutional Freedoms
Uphold free speech, protect the lives of unborn children and their mothers, guarantee religious freedom, and safeguard the Second Amendment
An Economy That’s Strong
- Fight Inflation and Lower the Cost of Living
- Curb wasteful government spending that is raising the price of groceries, gas, cars, and housing, and growing our national debt
- Increase take-home pay, create good-paying jobs, and bring stability to the economy through pro-growth tax and deregulatory policies
- Make America Energy Independent and Reduce Gas Prices
- Maximize production of reliable, cleaner, American-made energy and cut the permitting process time in half to reduce reliance on foreign countries, prevent rolling blackouts, and lower the cost of gas and utilities
- Strengthen the Supply Chain and End Dependence on China
- Move supply chains away from China, expand U.S. manufacturing, and enhance America’s economic competitiveness and cyber resiliency
A Nation That’s Safe
- Secure the Border and Combat Illegal Immigration
- Fully fund effective border enforcement strategies, infrastructure, and advanced technology to prevent illegal crossings and trafficking by cartels
- End catch-and-release loopholes, require legal status to get a job, and eliminate welfare incentives
- Reduce Crime and Protect Public Safety
- Support 200,000 more police officers through recruiting bonuses and oppose all efforts to defund the police
- Crack down on prosecutors and district attorneys who refuse to prosecute crimes, while permanently criminalizing all forms of illicit fentanyl
- Defend America’s National Security
- Support our troops, invest in an efficient, effective military, establish a Select Committee on China, and exercise peace through strength with our allies to counter increasing global threats
A Future That’s Built on Freedom
- Make Sure Every Student Can Succeed and Give Parents a Voice
- Advance the Parents’ Bill of Rights, recover lost learning from school closures, and expand parental choice so over a million more students can receive the education their parents know is best
- Defend fairness by ensuring that only women can compete in women’s sports
- Achieve Longer, Healthier Lives for Americans
- Personalize care to provide affordable options and better quality, delivered by trusted doctors
- Lower prices through transparency, choice, and competition, invest in lifesaving cures, and improve access to telemedicine
- Confront Big Tech and Demand Fairness
- Provide greater privacy and data security protections, equip parents with more tools to keep their kids safe online, and stop companies from putting politics ahead of people
A Government That’s Accountable
- Preserve Our Constitutional Freedoms
- Uphold free speech, protect the lives of unborn children and their mothers, guarantee religious freedom, and safeguard the Second Amendment
- Hold Washington Accountable
- Conduct rigorous oversight to rein in government abuse of power and corruption, provide real transparency, and require the White House to answer for its incompetence at home and abroad
- Save and strengthen Social Security and Medicare
- Restore the People’s Voice
- End special treatment for Members of Congress by repealing proxy voting, and increase accountability in the election process through voter ID, accurate voter rolls, and observer access
Are they actually going to promote policies that lead to deflation (lower the cost of living). Does the wall fall under infrastructure or advanced technology? Are coal, oil and fracked natural gas the cleaner forms of energy that they refer to? Are they aware that legal status is already required to get a job. Will they prosecute employers including small businesses who are the primary employers of the undocumented. How are they going to ensure every student can succeed, or does prohibiting the teaching of critical race theory meet this objective. Isn’t monitoring how prosectors at the local level prosecute and how local governments fund their policie departments federal overreach. Will we have a federal law dealing with who can compete in high school sports. Is saving Social Security and Medicare accomplished by increasing taxes or reducing benefits. Is the Washington that will be held accountable refering to themselves if they attain control of congress.
“and mothers” is in there. Does that mean that they support allowing abortions to save the life of the mother?
Sometimes parents don’t know best, so this is self-contradictory. Solution is for idiot parents to take their kids out of schools and teach them idiocy without government intervention.
This one comes about 5 years too late.
It’s funny how the Culture Wars are the actionable items.
“Achieve Longer, Healthier Lives for Americans” – laughable bullshit.
“Only women can compete in women’s sports” – crystal clear goal.
I’m glad it’s more about empty platitudes than about culture wars.
Cynically, I think you’re reading to much into it. Leaving “and mothers” out would look really bad and give opponents something in writing to point to and say “look, they really DON’T care about the mothers.”
Oh I’m sure you’re right… just curious how they’ll defend it when the inevitable challenge comes.