Codenames! Round 5

Yeah, those two are good.

Saddle and Spine are slam dunks

And as a player of a recent Star Wars Secret Hitler game, and SMā€™s propensity to give movie clues, how about the Empire STRIKEs Back? (Thats a star wars movie right?)

Spine then if correct, Saddle

Strike is actually a good possibility

Spine is a Red Word

Saddle is a Red Word

Guess again or pass.

Oooh i like strike too

Oh geez, Backseat driver. @MayanActuary called that out and I completely forgot. I vote driver, quite heavily, otherwise pound.

(Just deleted my prior post to reduce confusing clutter.)

Yeah - driver is pretty good too.

I donā€™t see strike or boxer at all, and pound is my second choice, to pound somebody on the back. You could strike somebody on the back, like anywhere else, but pound on the back has a connotation whereas strike feels like a stretch.

Anybody defending strike or boxer? Iā€™m ready to go driver, but not going to force the team. If I donā€™t hear within a few hours I will go.

Strike Back. Like the Empire Strikes Back.

I think I like it more than Driver given SMs Star Wars and Military background

Hmm. You have convinced me to a 50/50 status on Driver or Strike. I defer, would also be fine passing. Somebody else deal with it!

I think itā€™s about 50/50 too, and risk is opportunity soā€¦

Strike

Strike is a neutral word.

This ends Red Teamā€™s turn.

@Tiffany: Blue Team is up!

Heroic, 4

Well that eliminates strike from our options and does no harm. A better result than passing!

1 Like

Hmmā€¦ Knight seems like the obvious one. Since we have to come up with 4ā€¦

• Knight
  • Pew - star wars pew pew?
  • Capital - January 6th capital building heroes?
  • Patient - heroes are patient?

Trying to decide if thereā€™s a reson it was heroic and not heroesā€¦

Knight for sure
Figure seems like it fits in with this clue (ā€˜he cut a heroic figureā€™, something like that) so could tiebreak the previous clue
Heroic makes me think of Lord of the Rings though, so maybe it goes with Ring too? maybe it was OK to guess either one?
Heart kind of seems related too, heroic people have a lot of heart

Knight seems like the only slam dunk

Iā€™d guess knight, heart, boxer, and figure.

I agree that KNIGHT is the slam-dunk, so Iā€™m guessing that. If thatā€™s right, Iā€™d vote for figure next, because I think itā€™s also the unguessed word for female.

ā€œfemale figureā€ and ā€œheroic figureā€ are both common expressions. And it would explain why she used ā€œfemaleā€ and not ā€œwomanā€ and ā€œheroicā€ rather than ā€œheroā€.

Heart because heros are associated with metaphorically having big hearts.

Boxer is more of a stretch, but I think you can be a hero in the boxing ring.

Knight is a blue word.

Guess again or pass.

Figure