ChatGPT Chatbot

I felt a disturbance in the force…

2 Likes

Me: Create a scumbag actuary meme

ChatGPT: Here’s a scumbag actuary meme for you:

Caption: Scumbag Actuary

Image: A man with a sly expression on his face

Text: “Calculates the probability of your death to deny you insurance, but doesn’t calculate the probability of you outliving the policy to keep your money.”

You can then use this text to create your own visual meme by adding the image and formatting the text in a way that fits the meme style.

3 Likes

To fill in a bit more, ChatGpt and Bing are both updates on GPT-3.

When I used GPT-3, you didn’t really talk to it. Rather you wrote some words and it continued your words. It was essentially no different than your phone’s auto-complete.

But you could sort of talk to it by writing a story about having a conversation. Then it would mostly fill in the other half of the conversation. This made it -extremely- susceptible to how you set up the conversation. If you said that you were talking to a computer scientist, it might provide useful code-snippets. If you said you were talking to Harry Potter, it would go on adventure and/or try to have sex with you.

I think these new bots are the same. They just have some extra level of prompting, telling them to act appropriately. And they asked the Bing version to act too cute and personable. Which lends itself to abuse.

1 Like

1 Like

:rock: :newspaper: :scissors:

2 Likes

Maybe this link belongs in Political, but the ChatGPT thread is over here, so I’ll post the link here.

It’s an interesting chat angle. I imagine there will be lots of those kinds of exchanges published now.

Found a picture of ChatGPT . . .

Used ChatGPT this morning to solve an actual business problem that I spent a couple hours trying to google. Maybe I just wasn’t googling the right thing, but I asked ChatGPT two questions and it solved my problem.

1 Like

where do you go to use ChatGPT?

is it in Bing yet?

I use Chrome, https://chat.openai.com/auth/login

I tried using it the other day and again today and get this error:

An error occurred. If this issue persists please contact us through our help center at help.openai.com.

:frowning:
I wish I could ask ChatGPT about the error…

:man_shrugging:

I told ChatGPT “I have a problem” and it responded with the following three pics:

Another funny monty hall response

5 Likes

I think it belongs more here than there.

It’s true, and useful, to know that ChatGPT is a lot dumber than it sounds.

At the same time, it’s misleading to act like you’ve made some kind of point because you are smarter than a dumb bot.

They could similarly outwit a child, on almost any scientific topic. Doesn’t mean you are “right” or that the child is “biased”. Just means the child is stupid.

2 Likes

Okay. I’m using chatGPT for work now.

Down to 4 hours/week

3 Likes

just told it to write a game in R. It’s cute

1 Like

I thought you were already at 4 hours per week?