Challenge for gandalf: Dude, I just edited your thread title

Awesome sauce, that’s a quick promotion!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

3 Likes

Testing

I want to be promoted!! I promise to be good-ish but never evil.

Also, I’m not showing up to myself in the Users list. Is there something I need to do for that to happen? I want to confirm what is showing for my name in case I want to make edits.

You’re promoted! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Maybe try logging out and then looking at the list???

1 Like

I just read the trust level document and the associated abilities. It’s an interesting departure from what I think the community is used to.

Regular forum participants get assigned level 3 after a specific level of participation. Level three gives them partial mod authority. The can edit post titles and categories. And if they mark a newb’s post as spam, that post gets hidden immediately. And if there’s enough level 3 members setting a newb’s post to spam, all the newb’s post get hidden.

Which means regular posters can fix mistakes by newbs without waiting for senior management to catch it. They can bypass reporting some stuff and just fix it themselves.

Neat.

1 Like

Thanks for the promotion.

I tried that but no go.

Finally pic.twitter.com/zrWsCaXMJb

— Randall Otis (@RandallOtisTV) January 22, 2020

Embedded tweet

youtube test

edit: this forum rocks

plain twitter link. cool, you don’t need the embed code, it just does that.

Testing again today, though it seems very unlikely that the Outpost quote tags will work now. If they worked, the “and” in the first sentence of post 1 of this thread would be displayed as a quote.

That’s really strange. The sentence I’m displaying from post 1 does show as a quote now, but the “and” would show as an embedded quote on the Outpost and doesn’t here.

@gandalf It’s just [ quote] and [ /quote] no un.

Looks like that’s a no on embeds.

[ quote]
same block
[ quote]
inner
[/quote]
outer
[/quote]

just pasted in a youtube link, yeah, embeds the video.

Who said that?

ok, I think I see how quoting works here

1 Like

…5 minutes to post?! JEEZ

[I just backread, and I see the issue. Yeah, makes sense to me.]

1 Like

Test

We can adjust the time between posts if we want to.

Here to test

4 Likes