Can someone explain

The rap lyrics in criminal proceedings thing. What is the issue, and how does this address it.

I read through the article, but I’m still not sure I understand.

How come if you type the correct password, it immediately recognizes it and logs you in within a second, but if you make a mistake, it takes about 10 seconds to figure out that the password is wrong?

1 Like

Antisemitism. Why is it a thing? Why was it so important to the Nazis in Germany? Why aren’t other ethnic groups hated to the same degree? Or, are they, but they just aren’t big enough to make the news?

Partially because of the Bible.

But mostly because of the Bible.

Am I missing something, or does this just make no sense?

1 Like

Every ethnic group has people that hate other ethnic groups. It is the way.

I’m not convinced that he is intending it to be something against the jews, but I’m not at all sure what he is intending by it…

It’s very weird and I’m not sure I completely understand it.

I assume it’s a reference to Passover and painting blood on your door so that the Angel of Death would know to “pass over” your house without stopping to kill anyone.

But what that has to do with the balloon or why there’s a hammer and sickle… :woman_shrugging:

Maybe because the liberals are asking the Communists to pass over their house with the balloon and not kill anyone? Because the liberals love the Communists? And the spy balloon is/was going to kill people?? Because the Chinese Communists are the Angel of Death???

I dunno… that’s the best I can come up with.

Seems more like taking a dig at China by likening them to the Angel of Death. Which maybe includes a Covid-reference??? Or not, since Covid is no big deal. I’m not sure.

He seems to be lumping all Liberals in with the Jews, but of course that’s part of the Christian tradition too, even though for a lot of Christians communion is the only remnant of Passover that we really participate in.

It seems more anti-China / anti-Communist than anti-Semitic to me but I’m not entirely sure since it’s so weird in the first place.

It’s also weird (to me) that the artist chose a hammer & sickle rather than the 5 stars on the Chinese flag. I wonder if it’s something originally from the Cold War era warmed over with a new caption. That would explain why it doesn’t really fit.

2 Likes

My guess is not so much related to Judaism, but “libs” saying “we’re one of you, don’t harm us” to the communist balloon. Yes, cccp image, not prc. Pretty close to ccp flag though.

i was taking the hammer and sickle to mean pass over us and kill the russians instead, as ukraine seems to be a liberal cause in the US

I’m not certain the Fox News crowd really distinguishes between mainland China and the Soviet Union.

Can someone give a logical connection between “someone’s image was on a beer can” and “Congress needs to investigate this beer can thing”?

Republicans running for reelection.

2 Likes

I get that part, but the people whose votes they are courting - is it at all possible to get into their minds and find out why this makes sense to them?

Sorry, thats as far as the reasoning goes. They know what floats their constituents’ (and donors’) boats (yachts).