California Governor Recall

If 33% want Biden-Cruz-Sanders, 33% want Cruz-Biden-Sanders, and 33% want Sanders-Biden-Cruz, and 1% want some combo where Biden is last, Biden would win a runoff, and should win the election. Sure - 99% should probably have voted not to recall, but people don’t like to think things through that well.

BTW - those who have Biden 2nd think him and the 3rd person completely suck balls - the third worse than Biden. Heck, they may think their 1st choice sucks balls, just not as much.

Biden-Cruz-Sanders is also a possibility, and probably how I’d vote if forced to rank those three.

But that’s not really what we’re talking about. The main point is…

Yep… and it’s up to Biden to convince them of this.

A recall is NOT the same thing as a general election and should not be treated as such.

In fact, if Bernie Sanders himself doesn’t think that Cruz would be a better option than Biden then Sanders shouldn’t run. He should throw his support behind Biden.

I think Biden came down with covid during his speech tonight. If not, that’s what fox news will claim.

1 Like

Impressive, Elder has a website showing fraud through statistical analysis for an election that doesn’t yet have votes counted.

3 Likes

Early returns looking good for Newsom

Recall defeated!!!

What a monumental waste of money. How many school teachers for how long could have been hired for $270m dollars? What kind of fire prevention could have been funded?

2 Likes

But those aren’t nearly as entertaining as a recall.

Probably could have build a whole reservoir.

About as much as Newsom cut from the state budget over the past 2 years & lied about?

quoted for those who don't click links
1 Like

Meh. There will simply be another recall. The small government people just love wasting taxpayer money on stuff like this. Really owns the libs.

1 Like

Currently at 64% to keep Newsom in office with 70% reporting. Given that Democrats turn out poorly in midterm elections but even worse in special elections, this is close to solidifying his re-election in 2022.

Historically, survivors of recall elections do quite well.

(Edit: Barring some type of Cuomo-esque scandal, which would make me want to kick him into the Sun just like Cuomo.)

2 Likes

Sounds like Newsom is going to get a larger percentage of the vote than he did in the 2018 general election. He sounds wildly unpopular as someone said earlier in the thread.

One thing I will give credit to Elder for is not pushing voter fraud conspiracy theories on the night of the election, sounds like he did that before the election more to rile the base than any fear that there would be widespread election fraud.

1 Like

I can’t give him credit when he pushed election fraud conspiracies before the actual election, then acknowledged reality after the continued march of QAnon-style damage was done, when he was overwhelmingly defeated.

If you look online, there are so many right-wing nutjobs touting election fraud now.

2 Likes

Now can Diane Feinstein please retire.

1 Like

Had the outcome been 52% - 48% I don’t know if this would still be true. I see the prior stuff as prep for a close election.

2 Likes

Probably

I’m glad it ended up being a 30+ point blowout.

It’s also an overarching strategy. I 100% foresee election fraud as a McGuffin similar to the prior migrant caravans in 2022 and 2024. We need to show up in such numbers that even the evil Democratic Communist Dominion Hunter Biden fraud won’t be able to beat us!

And, to beat back the Restricted Voting Laws becoming effective, 'cause they just can’t win on the popularity of themselves or their platforms alone.