Border Control Agents Whipping Migrants

Fair enough. :slight_smile:

Interesting that one of the guys on the ground is carrying what appears to be a plastic bag with takeout containers in it.

I thought I read in one of the articles that some of the people had crossed back into Mexico to go to a restaurant that was preparing take out packages for the people stuck on the other side, so they could take it back to their families and that is what this guy was doing.

And the picture came out last week and as @The_President said the photographer who took the pictures came out a day or 2 after and tried to correct the record that there were no whips.

1 Like

It is theoretical. Because when they cross into Canada they seem to be treated respectfully and act accordindgly
More people just mean longer queus.
The reason there’s chaos at the us southern border is because of the way people are being treated. The border jumpers aren’t acting, they’re reacting.
So even if 10000 people crossed into Canada, it seems pretty clear that little more than some extra officers would well suffice. They’re not doing crowd control like they are in the US, they’re just issuing instructions and organising.

And frankly, there’s no excuse for treating people like this. It’s effing dystopian.

2 Likes

I can find videos of border patrol on horses trying to herd the people back across the border but coming up to them on horseback and trying to direct them or block them without using the rope or whatever “whip” is in their hand that I assume is intended for the horse, not humans.

1 Like

Why all this talk of whether there were whips that weren’t reins? The story I heard is that the border control officers were using their reins to whip immigrants. Maybe that’s not true, either, but i didn’t think anyone had even claimed “whips”.

Also, I agree with the crustacean. If we had enough officers and treated border-crossers with respect, I bet they would react respectfully, and queue up to be processed. There’s no excuse for treating people like animals.

The crustacean is the only one who has claimed an agent had a whip, and the crustacean has since acknowledged it probably wasn’t a whip.

A relic of the racist Trump policies, deplorable.

I heard vendors show up to sell food and water to the crowds. Kinda like at an outdoor music festival. Volunteers show up too to drop off food/supplies