BLM says American flag 'symbol of hatred'

This needs to be repeated.

1 Like

I usually reserve judgment on flag-flyers until I see other crap, like a Trump 2016/20/or 24 banner, a “blue/red-lives matter” flag (the one that’s black and white, except for a blue/red stripe, as if my tax dollars and obeying the law most of the time are not enough support).

Or, when flying them from the back of their pickup trucks until they’re tattered and torn, then I know they do not respect it.

And, when they have their flag up at night and it’s not lit, then I’ll get all judgey on their asses. READ THE ETIQUETTE PAMPHLET!!

This person thinks that she speaks for all (or a helluva lot of) Black Americans. I say bullshit. So is this thread title. Not sure who is more misleading at this point.

My African-American husband and I flew our flag all through the Trump years as well as now. There is one presently flying on our house. It’s our flag. If you want to be racist you can fly a Confederate battle flag. The Stars & Stripes are for people who are actually patriotic… not people who disguise racism as patriotism.

1 Like

I’m still thinking about what the original poster (the founder of the Utah BLM group) could do. I think she could design tee shirts, coffee mugs, yard signs, flags, etc around the slogan:

Black
Lives are
American
Lives

Give it a blue background with white letters, except “American” is in red.
Go directly at the “white people are the real Americans” nonsense.

3 Likes

NAACP of Utah, disagrees with BLM. The BLM lady continues to defend her comments. Claims all the hatred and death threats prove her point.

Now BLM is criticizing the US government and praising Cuba’s?

"Black Lives Matter condemns the U.S. federal government’s inhumane treatment of Cubans, and urges it to immediately lift the economic embargo. This cruel and inhumane policy, instituted with the explicit intention of destabilizing the country and undermining Cubans’ right to choose their own government, is at the heart of Cuba’s current crisis.
…
"The people of Cuba are being punished by the U.S. government because the country has maintained its commitment to sovereignty and self-determination. United States leaders have tried to crush this Revolution for decades. Instead of international amity, respect and goodwill, the U.S. government has only instigated suffering for the country’s 11 million people - of which 4 million are Black or Brown.

“Cuba has historically demonstrated solidarity with oppressed peoples of African descent, from protecting Black revolutionaries like Assata Shakur through granting her asylum, to supporting Black liberation struggles in Angola, Mozambique, Guinea Bissau and South Africa.
…”

yeah no one I know flies the American Flag. It’s tied to Trump.

sounds like they gave their reasons

But who will those reasons resonate with? Not sure they are helping their cause with this statement are they?

Though, I guess maybe I don’t understand what their cause is.

Or perhaps you might familiarize yourself with the history of US policies wrt Cuba.

Trump reinstated the embargo to suck up to the south Florida exiles. He doesn’t give a crap about the Cuban people. Just another shit hole country.

The part in the BLM blurt about the Cuban people choosing their govt is pure fantasy.

Well, I understand BLM’s criticism of the US governments policies toward Cuba, though I probably would not have went so far as saying it is keeping the Cuban people from choosing their govt. But they then went the extra step of praising the Cuban government’s ‘protect[ion] of Black revolutionaries.’

That might be a step too far? Seems like BLM is trying to be the super radical organization that the far right is wanting to portray them to be.

My black dad flies a flag. He’ll be amused to know that he’s a racist.

# Utah BLM’s Lex Scott moves out of state after leaving role, cites death threats

Frustrated at the death threats, but not surprised there was a lot of push back against her comments. Not sure what she was expecting. Though from what she has said back around the 4th, this is exactly what she was expecting.

According to the thread title, all of Utah BLM should leave the state.

Oh, it was only she who voiced her own opinion as if it were for all black people? Please, AGAIN, change the thread title.

I didn’t see this before, and I think it’s a great idea. 1 heart to you.

Because a lot of people seem to think anyone protesting against something that they are indifferent to, are not considered Americans first. And it doesn’t help when their only sources of news reiterate it all the time.

Even the MSM differentiate: when George Floyd was murdered (according to the courts), It wasn’t “Police kill American.” It was “Police Kill Black Man.” Both of which are true, but I think one would be more effective at stopping police from killing American Black men.

1 Like