Bitcoin/Crypto Investment/Trading

I’m sure he has properties

Love to see it

You don’t want to go down to the two comma club, imo.

Will Grayscale be the next domino to fall?

And so it starts, celebrities that endorsed FTX under scrutiny.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-21/texas-regulator-probing-celebrity-endorsements-of-failed-ftx

Do Kwon who oversaw a $40b stable coin collapse may be extradited to South Korea after being found in Montenegro with multiple passports.

1 Like

Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao steps down - and pleads guilty to criminal charges

$4B settlement with US regulators and sentencing next year.

Crypto is on a bit of a run. My $1k investment was about $300 a year ago, but now it’s very nearly $600. Gonna retire early at this rate!!!

3 Likes

I have house money in it.
Goal is to have double digit amount of bitcoin and just let it ride. Pretty getting close but dang price is appreciating so quickly.

1 Like

God damn! That’s a lot of bitcoin

Can I interest you in some feet pics?

4 Likes

Not generally but I signed up for Etoro and they gave me $10 worth BTC for free. My inclination is to turn it back into regular money but I have not done that yet.

Woot.

Absolute madness. I’m only down 15% now!

1 Like

You’ll be up 15% soon. Don’t worry. :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t see any logical case for BTC as an investment. BTC does not produce anything, does not pay interest or dividends and also does not offer a fundamentally based value.

The best case for making BTC valuable is scarcity and supplanting gold as a “digital gold.” Like precious metals or stones BTC will accrue value because people decide it’s valuable. But precious metals, diamonds, rubies etc have been prized for thousands of years. BTC is new to this game and there is no guarantee it’s precious status will last. Often today’s shiny thing is replaced by a new one.

1 Like

But you can buy things with BTC on the dark web.

1 Like

Trying to figure out what the use is going to cost you a lot of money. The curse of being too analytical

It’s limited to investing as a currency, basically forex…except nobody’s really using it as a currency, take that away and you have tulips.

Except you can plant tulips and then give the flowers to your spouse and that has value.

2 Likes

The only real uses for crypto as currency is money laundering and funding terrorist organizations

I’m surprised more countries haven’t joined China in banning bitcoin mining and trading

Strange as it might seem. I don’t think that bans would stop bitcoin. Illegal drugs are still plentiful despite bans and I don’t think that uses like money laundering depend very much on legal standing for Bitcoin. I think that attempts to ban bitcoin may only increase it’s long term value. For example for many years private ownership of gold was illegal in the USA and many other countries, I think that it’s clear that gold’s value did not suffer from that.