Basic Group Classification

What bg group is earthquake in? I think it is bg2 but looking to double check.

EQ is excluded from standard ISO homeowners and commercial property coverages. It requires an endorsement.

Do you know where I can find a list of what is included? I tried looking online and I could not find anything from ISO.

I have found Google’s Bard chatbot to be very useful when traditional web searches don’t turn up desired information. Admittedly, you have to double-check the answers, and the chatbots are generally blocked from corporate networks for security/IP reasons…

You might need to click this to make it more readable.

1 Like

I had a friend named Rev. Shaw who was knowledgeable about such things.

Summary

That’s a joke. Rev Shaw - or wharves - was a mnemonic for remembering the list of extended coverages
Riot
Explosion
Vandalism & malicious michief
Smoke
Hail
Auto Damage??? Is this one correct?
Windstorm

Included in BG2? ISO doesn’t publish their forms online, you would have to login to ISO to get access to the official ones.

For homeowners, try searching for form HO 00 20, or for commercial property search for form CP 10 20. The perils are mostly the same but there are small differences.

If you’re a CAS candidate then you can check your online course materials for reference as well.

I threw out my OC materials long ago. I do have ISO access through work and I checked a few forms and they list what is covered but they do list it by BG1, BG2, SCL. I will probably reach out to them and ask for a formal list.