Ballot Measures

Well, sure, now that we are in a new era of complete fuckery it bothers me more.

But I assume? the kind that SteveWhite was talking about is where we use bullshit requirements, fewer boxes, and bad hours of operation, to make voting more irritating.

TN apparently had a ballot measure to prohibit slavery as a criminal punishment. 20% of voters said no to that.

1 Like

Abortion rights cleaned up. According to the NYT:

Michigan’s abortion rights amendment won 55-44.
California’s passed 65-35.
Vermont’s passed 77-22.

Kentucky’s “no right to abortion in the constitution” lost 52-48

Montana’s “must try to save infant” is too close to call.

IMO, this is huge. State governors and legislators are going to be walking more carefully around abortion restrictions.

2 Likes

I hope the 5 people that live in Montana make the right decision!

There’s 8 Montanas in your city.

2 pot measures passed. 3 pot measures failed.
Shrooms could pass Colorado, it’s down to the wire? Go shrooms!

Open primaries/RCV looks promising for Nevada, despite opposition from both parties.
Alaska looks like it might use its RCV to reject a MAGA and reelect Murkowski. Go RCV!

Kentucky voted against adding no right to an abortion to the state constitution. This would have stopped all legal challenges to the states outlawing of abortion as soon as Roe v Wade was overturned. They also voted against allowing the legislature to call itself into a special session. This keeps that power in the hand of the governor. This is good because once the Federal government gave Congress this right they have basically always been in session. I believe it would be better if Congress was only in session a few months a year and everyone had real jobs the rest of the year.

It was a weird ballot measure. Voting no seemed to say that you could still use prisoners as slave labor.

Shrooms win in Colorado!

Open RCV wins in Nevada! (though they need to win again to make it official)

4 Likes

RCV should be everywhere

2 Likes