Attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband

Also shoots down the whole idea that had been circulating of Pelosi being the one to pull out the hammer.

I’m sure the folks circulating such nonsense won’t let facts get in the way of their narrative.

I believe one douche bag Conservative host was trying to to raise bail for the guy on his show. Even though he’s currently be held without bail.

3 Likes

It’s fine. I can handle the admin side of that bail thing. Just raise the cash and get it to me ASAP. Don’t forget, they specified $100,000 in small, used bills.

No need to thank me, just doing what any patriot would.

I thought it’s been widely reported that the guy admitted to bringing the hammers (2). I also thought he said he brought the hammers to break her kneecaps (if she lied to him). Who is still circulating a pre-meditated murder story? Who is still talking about the hammer belonging to Pelosi? Anyone still talking those stories is days behind the news cycle.

1 Like

21 posts were split to a new topic: Attack on kavanough

What side are you arguing here? Roske showed up outside Kavanaugh’s home with a pistol, ammunition, and stated his intent to was kill the justice until he saw how guarded the property was. That’s a bit more than sitting in the car if I’m understanding you’re analogy correctly

What the??? The attacker confessed, did he not??? People are way too eager to believe insane conspiracies.

It sounds like a plea bargain.

I’ve lost track of whether we’re talking about the Brett Kavanaugh would-be assassin or the Paul Pelosi attacker. But either way, I’m assuming that there are significant mental health issues. Because everything about both situations is incredibly bizarre.

Im biased but the dude who went after nancy pelosi and wound up assaulting her husband is worse than the guy who wanted to kill that Kavanaugh scumbag

Yikes!
we are doomed.

Both are pretty bad, IMO.

I’ve just moved 21 posts about the attack on Kavanaugh to their own thread, as they really aren’t relevant to this one, and it was getting hard to follow the discussion.

2 Likes

@Lucy This post belongs in the other thread then as you moved the post that I was responding to.

Sorry. As i said, it was hard to follow. The way this site moves posts, if i move it now it will end up at the bottom of the page. It’s short, i suggest you repost it yourself, as that’s actually easier than moving posts.

2 Likes

:rofl:

So this DePape guy is an undocumented alien. Entered from Mexico into CA in 2008 and never left. So ICE has issued a detainer on him. But since he is in CA, they local officials don’t cooperate with ICE/DHS on that right? Not that I expect him to get a release before trial, conviction/plea bargin and sentence, so the detainer is a non-issue, right?

I think the detainer would apply to whenever he is released.

So say he’s convicted of stuff and serves X years as a result. The detainer says they’re supposed to notify ICE before he’s released so they can get him.

I think whether that happens will depend on where he’s convicted and where he serves time. He’s facing both state and federal charges. If he serves time for both concurrently in a federal facility or he serves first in state and then in federal then I assume the feds will notify ICE before releasing him.

But if he serves only in a CA facility or first federal and then CA then I think they are not supposed to notify ICE.

However, if ICE figures out when he is to be released I suppose they could position agents at the prison exit and apprehend him as he leaves.

Don’t send DePape back to Canada: good riddance! Also seems pointless as we would be happy to extradite him back to the US for his trial.

I can’t wait to spend $30K+/year of my and others’ tax dollars to incarcerate this guy long-term!