Attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband

Here you go to update your account, from the official court filing of facts.

DEPAPE stated that he broke into the house through a glass door

When officers removed DEPAPE from Pelosi’s residence, police body worn camera footage showed a glass door that appeared to be laminated glass, broken near the door handle

On October 28, 2022, at 2:23 a.m., San Francisco Dispatch received a 9-1-1 call
from Paul Pelosi (“Pelosi”) located at the Pelosi residence in San Francisco, California. Pelosi stated words to the effect of there is a male in the home and that the male is going to wait for Pelosi’s wife. Pelosi further conveyed that he does not know who the male is. The male said his name is David.
At 2:31 a.m., San Francisco Police Department (“SFPD”) Officer Colby Wilmes
responded to the Pelosi residence

Depape’s account:

DEPAPE stated that they went downstairs to the front door. The police arrived
and knocked on the door, and Pelosi ran over and opened it. Pelosi grabbed onto
DEPAPE’s hammer, which was in DEPAPE’s hand. At this point in the
interview, DEPAPE repeated that DEPAPE did not plan to surrender and that he
would go “through” Pelosi.
DEPAPE stated that he pulled the hammer away from Pelosi and swung the
hammer towards Pelosi. DEPAPE explained that Pelosi’s actions resulted in
Pelosi “taking the punishment instead.”

Officer’s account:
Officer Colby Wilmes
responded to the Pelosi residence, California and knocked on the front door. When the door was opened, Pelosi and DEPAPE were both holding a hammer with one hand and DEPAPE had his other hand holding onto Pelosi’s forearm. Pelosi greeted the officers. The officers asked them what was going on. DEPAPE responded that everything was good. Officers then asked Pelosi and DEPAPE to drop the hammer
DEPAPE pulled the hammer from Pelosi’s hand and swung the hammer, striking
Pelosi in the head. Officers immediately went inside and were able to restrain DEPAPE. While officers were restraining DEPAPE, Pelosi appeared to be unconscious on the ground.

2 Likes

One of our own posters openly fantasizes about picking off conservative Supreme Court justices, and there was an actual assassination attempt on Brett Kavanaugh.

1 Like

Thanks for that update. What a bizarre story.

Oh snap, I forgot. I think I heard, unless I’m confusing it with some other assassination attempt.

Which poster?

Not saying this wasn’t a crime but it’s a stretch to refer to this as an assassination attempt:

But as soon as Roske arrived, those same filings show, he seemed to make moves toward changing his plans, according to authorities. First he saw two men standing outside Kavanaugh’s home — both deputy U.S. marshals assigned to protect the justice and his family — which prompted Roske to turn and walk down the street, round a corner, and end up about 1 1/2 blocks away, according to local and federal officials.

During that time, he texted his sister and told her of his intentions, according to Montgomery County Police Chief Marcus Jones.

“She convinced him to call 911, which he did,” Jones said.

Wait, how is that not an assassination attempt? You state he only turned around and walked away after seeing deputy US marshals outside the home; I’m not sure how that detail makes the initial intentions of assassinating a SCOTUS judge disappear.

Im confused. Why would he call 911 over leaving?

I guess the result of his trial will show whether his actions constitute attempted muder…

Well it was an assassination attempt according to the grand jury and I’m assuming they have more facts than I do. I’m hardly alone in using that label. Media outlets referring to it as an assassination attempt include:

ABC News
BBC
CBS News
CNN
Daily Mail
Fox News
The Guardian
The Hill
Los Angeles Times
Mother Jones
NBC News
New York Daily News
New York Magazine
New York Post
New York Times
People
Politico
USA Today
Wall Street Journal
Washington Examiner
Washington Post
Wikipedia

Mind you, that’s an incomplete list. I got tired of scrolling and listing each one but it’s not as though every one listed is a right-wing rag.

Hmm, it turns out they have a lot of security… But it was mostly aimed at protecting her. They probably didn’t expect her husband to be a target

The Capitol Police first installed cameras around Pelosi’s home more than eight years ago; she has an around-the-clock security detail; and for many months after the attacks of Jan. 6, 2021, a San Francisco police cruiser sat outside her home day and night. But hours after Pelosi left San Francisco last week and returned to D.C., much of the security left with her, and officers in Washington stopped continuously monitoring video feeds outside her house.

There is video of the intruder breaking her window with a hammer, though.

It kind of explains bringing the hammer, I suppose. The hammer had made it seem more premeditated murder before.

Also shoots down the whole idea that had been circulating of Pelosi being the one to pull out the hammer.

I’m sure the folks circulating such nonsense won’t let facts get in the way of their narrative.

I believe one douche bag Conservative host was trying to to raise bail for the guy on his show. Even though he’s currently be held without bail.

3 Likes

It’s fine. I can handle the admin side of that bail thing. Just raise the cash and get it to me ASAP. Don’t forget, they specified $100,000 in small, used bills.

No need to thank me, just doing what any patriot would.

I thought it’s been widely reported that the guy admitted to bringing the hammers (2). I also thought he said he brought the hammers to break her kneecaps (if she lied to him). Who is still circulating a pre-meditated murder story? Who is still talking about the hammer belonging to Pelosi? Anyone still talking those stories is days behind the news cycle.

1 Like

21 posts were split to a new topic: Attack on kavanough

What side are you arguing here? Roske showed up outside Kavanaugh’s home with a pistol, ammunition, and stated his intent to was kill the justice until he saw how guarded the property was. That’s a bit more than sitting in the car if I’m understanding you’re analogy correctly

What the??? The attacker confessed, did he not??? People are way too eager to believe insane conspiracies.

It sounds like a plea bargain.