Are you still shaking hands?

I have a hard time not shaking hands instinctively when someone reaches out their hand to me. I’d like to get better at just doing a fist bump or something. I don’t initiate the hand shake anymore though, just sort of nod and say hello.

fist bump seems risky to me. is that a thing? i’d rather just wave or nod or say hi or whatever.

Or in my case, a total smack down?

I’ve heard that fist-bumps are out, too.

I don’t, and never had, a problem with shaking hands.

I’m the kinda guy who has no problems using handrails going down into the subway.

It took me until July to adjust. I am gregarious and was a regular hand shaker. I no longer shake hands for two reasons, the touch is a completely avoidable risk and shaking hands means I have to be 3 to 4 feet from your face.

I hate shaking hands and will be glad to see it go.

I almost never have a reason to shake anyone’s hand. Maybe if a new person was introduced to me at work, and right now that’s out. I couldn’t even tell you if I shook anybody’s hand all year.

I shake hands with my friends when I run into them after not seeing them for a while. I was taught that just what men do.

ew, enjoy the COVID.

I may already have it. Home sick today. Awaiting the results.

I think it’s important to consider circumstances and make exceptions to general rules and etiquette when warranted.
Like, during a pandemic.
I hope you don’t have it, but if you do, I hope it’s a light case.

I think that shaking hands as a norm is over for the rest of our lifetimes even when COVID is no longer an issue. It is still germy and gross to shake hands and COVID really brought that fact to the forefront.

Fist bump ftw

i think that’s too risky. you’re still touching someone else’s hand. just wave.

These trying times demand a return to traditional actuarial values! Less handshaking and more standing awkwardly, hands at our sides, staring silently at each others’ shoes!

1 Like

Good luck.

Go my results this afternoon:

NEGATIVE!

Back to making out with strangers in bars!

:thumbsup: you chase that covid! you can succeed if you really try. i have faith!