Application Progress Thread

Well got my enrollment number today!! woo-hoo! I was expecting to get it in April, when it would be exactly 6 months from my application, so this was a pleasant surprise.

congrats! They probably met this week rather than last week.

Just broke down and emailed asking about my application. Feels like my timeline is longer than most, and I know itā€™s because of my former boss sitting on his hands forever. So frustrated.

Application Sent: 9/15
Acknowledgement Letter Received: 9/21
Request for Transcript: 10/27
Request for Additional Information: 12/3

that sounds aggravating. Iā€™ve been at my current job for a long time at this point, so my prior actuarial job wasnā€™t needed in order to have to rely on any of those people. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d even know how to get in touch with them at this point, so itā€™s good that it wasnā€™t needed.

I think my current boss was great and submitted it immediately.

Honestly, this forum has been helpful. Really flailing without AO & its massive trove of historical experience/wisdom. Iā€™ve got one exam left on my way to FSA (yay for the extension!) and I feel so bad for all the students coming up without AO as a resource for FAP and prelim exams/general actuary stuff.

yeah, I liked looking back at the history of that thread on the ao, and all the rest of the history. sucks that DW Simpson destroyed it.

the ao was key to me passing FAP in 2017-2018, but with FAP having changed in 2019 entirely, Iā€™m not sure the history is as valuable for people now, other than the short amount after the change.

Just got a reply; they met yesterday and no decision was made. Next meeting is the last one before my 6 months is up. Still optimistic, somehow.

bummer, but youā€™ll probably get it next month.

Just curious isnā€™t the Joint Board supposed to send an actual Certificate when we get the license? All the actuaries at my job had it framed and in their office. Iā€™m assuming itā€™s because of Covid delaying everything.

I did not get it either unless it is sitting in my office inbox or something, but I assume it is delayed until the joint board is back in an office. I never bothered framing my asa and maaa certificates. Maybe Iā€™ll get on that if we are ever back in the office. Most, but not all of my coworkers also frame it.

@apban486 I just got a letter via snail mail telling me that the enrollment certificate will be delayed until further notice. It also included the letter I had gotten via email with my EA#. itā€™s fine. I donā€™t really need the ea certificate to hang on my office wall that Iā€™m not currently using anyway.

Anyone else been waiting?

I put my application in Late July and got a letter confirming August 2. Now its the waiting gameā€¦

Sent in an application 8/24 and got the acknowledgment letter 9/7.

Hoping for the best nowā€¦

I sent in an application 7/2 andā€¦havenā€™t heard anything. Is the acknowledgment letter a physical letter? Iā€™m still working remotely, so I guess if they sent one itā€™s sitting at the office somewhere. As far as I know my listed supervisor hasnā€™t heard from them either.

I got my ea while the joint board were all wfh during covid last year, so I think the acknowledgement letter was emailed to me. Regardless Iā€™d think your supervisor would have heard by now. Iā€™d check that they got it.

1 Like

My acknowledgement letter was emailed - not aware of a physical one since Iā€™m working from home.

On the same day they sent me the acknowledgement letter, they also reached out to my supervisors.

1 Like

Pleasant surprise - enrollment application was approved 10/13/2021!

I can finally take a deep breath!

1 Like

Congrats! My application is still pending after about 10 months and two requests for additional information.

@ ao_fan and ModeratelyClueless: Thanks for the info; they had not received my application. I recently submitted another applicationā€”with tracking this time.