Anyone interesting in playing Codenames?

In-person, we’ve always just had one team larger than the other. I don’t think the game plays materially differently if you have 3 people discussing the guesses than 2 people. And while there is a winning condition, this is really a social game more than a competitive one.

1 Like

I’d’ve thought so, but I’m a fan of double contractions.

Unpossible!

Do we have a start date planned for this?

I’d love to play

Let’s start on Monday. I’ve been very busy at work, but should have time this weekend to get organized.

1 Like

FYI, please include me as a heckler. I’m interested in how the logistics will play out in this on-line format

My inclination is to assign teams randomly. Any objections?

Random works for me.

I’ve updated the OP to list players. It’s enough to play, but it’s more fun with a few more. I’m hoping a few more folks sign up today.

Olive, the other reindeer?

1 Like

Olive juice

I know I flaked out on the Sith game but I think things are more normal now. If you have room, I’d love to play. If not, I’ll heckle.

Also, I’m bad at this game but I really like it!

1 Like

You’re in.

Six is a fine number. More would be fine, too.

We could always add people in if they missed the beginning. I wouldn’t mind.

Yeah, this is a game that seems you could add people into partway - especially since they can back read. I’ve played games irl where people joined in partway.

I think the thing to keep in mind about a new player joining “mid-game” is being clear as to which team they’ll join . . .

Clearly, if there are an odd number of players, the new one will join the short team.

Otherwise, I’d suggest that they join the team with the fewest words guessed.

If it’s still a tie, let them join the team that has to guess the most words?

You are overthinking this. It doesn’t matter that much. If people want to join part way through, i will add them to the smaller team, or, if both teams are the same size, I will arbitrarily assigned them based on my whims at the moment.

Is it too late? I’d like to play… maybe RP.

snoorp FTW!

1 Like