Annoyed Thoughts

Back in college we did choir tour via coach bus. One time someone (not me (HONEST! )) did #2 in there and stunk up the whole back half of the bus. From then on anytime someone entered the lavatory numerous people would yell out “no pooping!!!”

Ah, the good ol days of bus travel.

1 Like

Related:
People who don’t flush after using the airplane lavatory. :face_vomiting:

Close the lid and flush, you filthy animals!

3 Likes

You think flying coach is bad — I had to howl for an hour before they changed my water dish.

Copyright Wild Bill Bauer
via Dan Cole the Common Man

Wrong login ID? I know, I know, HFBB.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Eh, saying “literally” for emphasis is common parlance. You might need to get over that one.

I’m sorry you’re having an unpleasant trip though.

lit·er·al·ly

/ˈlidərəlē,ˈlitrəlē/

adverb

1. in a [literal] manner or sense; exactly.

“the driver took it literally when asked to go straight across the traffic circle”

Similar:

verbatim, word for word, line for line, letter for letter, to the letter, exactly, precisely, faithfully, closely, strictly, strictly speaking, accurately, rigorously, literatim

Opposite:

loosely, imprecisely, metaphorically

** INFORMAL*

used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.

“I was literally blown away by the response I got”

2 Likes

I literally refuse!

3 Likes

Sounds like time to post in the You be the judge thread.

2 Likes

I know that language is constantly evolving. It just shouldn’t happen during my lifetime.

4 Likes

I’m on the verge of a panic attack from some work-related stress piled on by fostering stuff. I need to go hyperventilate.

6 Likes

:people_hugging:

1 Like

Yeah, there is an alternative way to solve this, but you might not like it.

2 Likes

Sometimes I think people use “language evolves” just to avoid saying “I was wrong.”

1 Like

I literally agree with you.

4 Likes

Someone’s device in this house keeps dinging every 60 seconds!

It’s soft enough that I’m not going to get up and try to find it at this hour, but loud enough that it’s noticeable.

4 Likes

But you know, Bob, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to be fired.

4 Likes

6 is still a pass. :+1:

1 Like

Revive this topic?
The last reply to this topic was 11 months ago. Your reply will bump the topic to the top of its list and notify anyone previously involved in the conversation.
Are you sure you want to continue this old conversation?

It’s like they’re new here.

2 Likes

And then, if I start a new topic, that shares one or two words with another thread, it suggests I go and, essentially, bump that old topic. It’s unpossible!

1 Like