Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

The red marks from the bandage adhesive is more striking than the bruise from the trainee’s needle stick. I always request wrap instead of a band aid but I think they used band aids since they used wrap to secure an ice pack to my arm. I’m annoyed regardless.

Are you allergic to the adhesive? I am, and it used to give me a very colorful rash that itched and lasted for days. I request a different type of adhesive, now. (Wrap is fine, too. So are otc bandaids.) It’s a more serious problem when they want to stick electrodes on me, as they do to monitor heart, etc.

It looks like I’m sensitive to it, although the bandage on my finger to check hemoglobin doesn’t bother me. It’s faded but still red.

Someone sent an email to a huge group by mistake. No worries, we can just ignore it. But no, 360 people on the list have to reply all asking to be taken off the list. I need a hit man to take care of these fluff heads. I guess we need mandatory email courtesy classes now.

3 Likes

:iatp: ^1000

I hate reply all with a passion.

actually, 360 people replied all to be taken off the list - pretty sure a few other just replied to sender to do that as well

1 Like

Thankfully, I haven’t dealt with that in a long time. My favorite was when people would hit ‘reply all’ and tell everyone to stop hitting ‘reply all,’ and then someone else would do the same thing, and thanks, now I have like 60 emails to delete.

And now Outlook is crashing from this crap. And, there were a lot of those please stop replying all and they fell on deaf ears for the most part. I’m going to suggest no bonuses for all these idiots.

1 Like

My employer changed the email system so that most people don’t have rights to “send” to enormous mailing lists. I haven’t had to delete 60 “please don’t reply-all” emails ever since.

My son told me to pick him up from school at 11:00, turns out it’s 11:30, and I have a call at noon, and I was hoping to grab a bite before my afternoon calls. Ugh, I’m really annoyed with him for this.

ETA he finally showed up just after 11:45, so he wasted an entire hour of my day.

2 Likes

the first one is for real, the second and beyond is just trolling, everyone knows that.

2 Likes

My bone density scan results were sent to my PCP in the form of a letter. I reviewed them in MyChart. There was a second page which was someone else’s record.

I messaged the office and pointed out the error. Now I am unable to view the results at all.

Last time I was in their office they gave me something they had printed (a visit summary or something) and at the end of the print was something regarding another patient.

I like this doctor but I am a bit concerned with their record handling.

2 Likes

Sherry Lehmann store in NYC is closing due to likely criminal behavior by new owners.

I remember this place in the Upper East Side when I was around DC & NYC in early 2000s. They had a great selection of fine wines.

Looks like the new owners have bankrupted it.

This is such a shame as it had such a nice history.

1 Like

Thanks for the article. I was reading about the other bankruptcy they mentioned, Underground Cellar. It operated as a ponzi scheme -

"Oh we’ve had some problems with our spreadsheet and can’t seem to find your (expensive) bottles of Wine XXX 1995. Here’s a substitute case of Wine XXX 2000 (a later vintage that they took out of a newer customer’s collection)

So the mammogram place sent me a letter. It was dated 3 days after my mammogram. In the letter is a bunch of very scary sounding jargon. If most of my friends got this letter it would scare them to death. They are also now recommending a screening breast MRI for all women with dense breast tissue.

Most of my friends would be scared to death if they got this letter. They are using fear to generate more income.

Meanwhile, I have to order my own iron and thyroid panels bc my doctors don’t seem to think my obvious symptoms of iron deficiency, which are also strangely similar to symptoms of hypothyroidism, warrant proper testing.

Very VERY annoyed with the US healthcare system right now.

ETA, I mentioned the date of the letter bc it also strongly encouraged me to schedule my follow up. Such follow up was scheduled the day I got my mammogram bc they called and strongly encouraged it already. But it’s not until July so sheesh I hope I don’t have cancer.

I did find out where I can get my next mammogram (in 2 years unless the Wisdom study people tell me I should do it sooner.) Hopefully they aren’t as ridiculous as this place.

1 Like

I’m curious, did you get referred to this place by your PCP? And is this a hospital facility, or one of the standalone imaging centers?

I work with a group of PCPs, over a thousand at this point, and one of the things we are working on is ‘high value referrals,’ i.e. groups of providers who don’t pull crap like that. So I’m just curious.

I am having some neck pain; most days I’m back up to 100%, but occasionally I wake up sore, which I assume is due to my physical therapy exercises. I took a muscle relaxer. I am exhausted but my mind is racing, and typically the muscle relaxer knocks me out (bonus), but tonight I just feel loopy.

My period has been less predictable recently. I missed a month entirely a few months ago, and I’m still in my 30’s so I was more worried about pregnancy than menopause. It was neither.

I got it today, unexpectedly, at 26 days. It’s usually 28 or 29 days. I had to sheepishly ask a coworker for a tampon. I even tucked it up my sleeve to discreetly take to the bathroom, like I’m still 13.

2 Likes

My period was never predictable. I rarely bothered to track it, because there wasn’t any value from doing so.

Awkward when i was pregnant, and they asked me the date of my last period, and i had no idea. Even more awkward when the backup obstetrician (my regular one was at a conference) wanted to do a lot of extra tests because the baby was “late”. (The baby arrived on the day it would have been due if i got pregnant the night i thought i got pregnant. With no extra testing.)

1 Like

I have two favorite vacuum insulated mugs for coffee. One is extra large, 24 ounces, that I take into the office. The other is 14 ounces, that I use when I WFH.

The big mug gets 5 pumps of sugar free syrup, the small gets 2. Yeah, you’d think 2 and 4, or 3 and 5 would make more sense, but these have been tested and palate approved, I don’t make the rules.

Today I put 5 pumps into the small mug, and it’s borderline undrinkable. Insert some kind of joke about needing coffee before I make my coffee.

3 Likes