Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

I took some ground beef out of the freezer last night and put it in the fridge to make meat loaf for supper tonight. It’s still 95% frozen. :roll_eyes: :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Yes, I told the kids no black, no dark colors at all actually, and only one color for the whole room. I think I chose well on those rules.

I guess we got lucky enough, our son’s room is the attic, so I was willing to let him go a little crazy since few people see it. He picked out a bright red and set up some LED lights that change color so it kind of feels like a rave.

1 Like

That gives me a headache just thinking about it.

1 Like

At the risk of stating the obvious, the requiem movement of Mozart’s Requiem is a REQUIEM. It translates “grant them rest”. It’s a death mass, not a dance nor party music. I am NOT enjoying the version that’s playing on the radio right now and I ordinarily love Mozart’s Requiem.

1 Like

Subsequent movements are equally bad.

Possibly Requiem for a Dream soundtrack mix?

Maybe it’s Mozart’s Lost New Orleans Requiem

Maybe you misheard and they actually said the piece was “Mozart? We wreck ‘em!”

1 Like

It’s a new recording of the regular requiem played by a regular orchestra. But it’s… bright and jovial. Requiems should be somber, at least in the first movement.

Why are they mad?

Live a little…

I took my wife to hear a Mozart Church concert in Vienna and they also adapted the music a bit to make it a bit more cheerful.

:scream:

Eh, if cheerful is what you’re going for, maybe don’t pick a death mass. There are literally millions of alternatives, hundreds of which were composed by Mozart.

For the record I had a similar objection at the run though for my church’s Christmas Cantata when they placed a reading about the joy of Christmas immediately prior to Coventry Carol.

No, sorry, that’s not an appropriate lead-in to a song about murdered babies.

I remember an ad from the 90s/00s that used the Dies Irae movement that showed slow motion footage of Formula 1 cars. That was pretty cool.

1 Like

There was an ad for Microsoft that used Confutatis Maledictus (“When the accursed have been condemned and doomed to the searing flames”) -

On the other hand, I really like this use of Verdi’s Requiem -

1 Like

I sang in the Choir a few years ago, and one of the pieces we did was Mozart’s Requiem. I really enjoyed performing the whole, rather than just a singular selection, as it gave great context to each of the pieces.

1 Like

Unfortunately Mozart died before it was completed so the later movements don’t quite fit with the earlier ones -

“ The choir is forte by m. 8 (in the Lacrymosa), at which point Mozart’s contribution to the movement is interrupted by his death.”

I’d say that’s a pretty major interruption.

1 Like

Will you people smarten the hell up down there please.

1 Like