Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Also me as a canadian to mexicans:
US border is that way! Everyone take a cooey. Good luck.

Does Canadia have the equivalent type of folks in any meaningful number? Or are your hicks more like what’s portrayed on Letterkenny?

Alberta has some of those folks in spades.

Its the Texas and Florida of Canada all rolled up into one.

1 Like

Letterkenny is a mild exaggeration of rural Canada. It’s certainly not a gross exaggeration.
Similiar to the US, there’s some correlation with rural folks and all that anti-immigration nonsense. And also similiar to the US, that stuff crops up in fundie christian areas. So not as bad as the US, I don’t think we’re nearly as polarized or extreme but yeah, the fruitloops are sometimes found rurally and in alberta.

Fun fact, the letterkenny fellow is from listowel (so pretty much the same type of area shown in the show) which is about a half hour from where I live. And yeah, IRL it’s not that far off. And I’ve got extended family coming in for easter weekend that live in listowel.

2 Likes

Sign me up, maybe I can buy a cabin somewhere north of the border and become a permanent resident. Y’all seem all right.

Eh, there’s problems everywhere. We have our share maybe just not as loud as other places.

The govt is pretty much in a sustained war with first Nations for example.

I wasn’t as afraid of group settings in Canada as I am here - so there’s that.

I just spent way too much time deciding which brand of nasal strips to buy.

2 Likes

I try to unsubscribe from marketing emails as I get them. Today I clicked on the “unsubscribe” link for a local entertainment venue, it took me to a page to put in my email address and click “ok”, but upon further inspection, it was a page to sign up for MORE promotional emails, and a second link to unsubscribe was hidden at the bottom.

So I clicked on that, and it took me to a page to input my email address to unsubscribe, only there was no actual input option for the email address, just text that says “input email address here”. Rage.

4 Likes

:iat :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :

1 Like

Block ‘em!

1 Like

Someone is whistling at the office! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Shoot ‘em!

1 Like

Mid-afternoon headache now easing. Daddy gonna take hizzelf a nap now!!! :zzz:

1 Like

Mark it junk in your email. If you’re using Gmail, they note this and if enough people report them as spam, bad things happen to their ability to send email.

My internet marketing guy was telling me he had a client that got flagged for spam. One morning they couldn’t even send email to each other lol.

3 Likes

Exceptionally slow cashiers. I knew I should’ve done curbside pick up at Target because of this but the Home Depot incompetence was a surprise.

2 Likes

Also annoyed I’m likely in for a repeat performance when I go back to Home Depot again today.

1 Like

Dammit Dan, er ,um JFG, are you using those self checkout scanners again?

1 Like

Nap helped, but now my tum tumz is a bit sore. I blame that bad chicken chili wrap I had for lunch.

Be happy you have cashiers. My local HD & Lowes only have self check out open and they station 2-3 people nearby to talk to each other and stare at you if you struggle.

1 Like