Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

The Honda place finished with it 2 hours quicker than the estimate they gave us. We are in San Diego now.

8 Likes

Windy AF here. Out bike tent flew over two fences into a neighbour’s yard.

1 Like

Here too. Had two trees down on my way home last night that I had to detour around.

1 Like

My home internet connection is on day two of being quite slow. I reset the router, not sure what else to do!

1 Like

Me to. We keep getting lag spikes.

2 Likes

7yo son had a cold (not covid) this week, now I am coming down with a cold.

3 Likes

I just spent about 30 minutes writing out a pretty comprehensive comment on Reddit describing period life expectancy and what it is (and more importantly, what it is not), and why? No one on Reddit cares or will read it, nor will they learn anything.

What subreddit? I’ve written a few longer posts about health care and drugs and what not and gotten some decent traction.

Antiwork. Lol. Probably not the right audience…

That’s a pretty intellectually lazy sub, imo.

1 Like

I had an annoyed thought, but by the time I clicked on this link to write about it, poof.

2 Likes

Ah yes. I sometimes come across posts on here where I was mentioned but not tagged and had no idea. And then I feel rude for ignoring it!

1 Like

Pajamas are great for lounging but annoying to try to sleep in.

1 Like

How so?

that’s why i don’t bother. au naturel, baby!!!

That’s what I usually do but sometimes not socially appropriate.

Au naturel is great for sleeping but annoying to try to lounge in.

This

I had to restart the hard sudoku in the NYT today an embarrassing number of times.

I almost never have to guess at a square, but today I had to guess. So I picked a square I’d narrowed down to 2 possibilities. Tried the first and got into an impossible situation. Tried the second, and got into an impossible situation. Tried the first again, then the second again, then the first a third time and that finally worked. Which means I unwittingly made a minimum of two dumb mistakes: one on each of my two unsuccessful attempts with the first number. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I don’t always do sudoku but when I do I use my handy dandy excel spreadsheet so that the vba macros do the tedious work for me, the conditional formatting highlights a particular number I want to focus on, and I can easily “erase” numbers that don’t belong. Despite all of that, it still took me two tries to get today’s.

1 Like