Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

It took a while to make every week, otherwise I would have kept doing it. When one of our dogs gets older, I’ll do it again for both, and the non-dying one will think they’re in heaven.

Oh, I’d also add a little bit of dry kibble soaked in chicken broth for the nutrients in kibble, and a big spoonful of cottage cheese.

1 Like

I think it’s OK to do the 2 wheels over the curb method if you’re in a hurry. At least you made the effort. The cart corral is more of a suggestion I think because there’s quite a few people that don’t use them. Personally, I make the effort to park a long way from the corral so less chance of the parked car being hit by other cars and I like to get the extra steps in to reach my daily step goals. I may even look for a 2 wheels over the curb cart to use for my own shopping on the way to the store.

I was by myself and decided it was pretty wussy to not walk the two rows over to a cart corral. It wasn’t like I didn’t walk a much greater distance inside the store.

Came home to standing water in the front lawn and the sump pump running despite little recent rain. The water meter spins even if I shut off the main valve in the house, which means my water main is shot.

It’s galvanized pipe so I’m not shocked, but still annoying to return from vacation to a water main rupture.

Annoyed thought: why TF doesn’t this iPhone come with an actual charger?

1 Like

on streeteasy, pretty much every apartment listing in manhattan has the description of “on a beautiful tree-lined street” as though ya, you’re escaping to the country with this one, in one of the most densely populated cities in the world, you guys :roll_eyes:

EVERY GODDAMN STREET IN MANHATTAN IS TREE-LINED YOU DIPSHIT. YOU DON’T NEED TO SAY THAT. IT CHANGES NOTHING!

Oh noes! I can haz chicken? :dog:

1 Like

Just leave on counter. I will fix. :dog:

I bought a rotisserie chicken the same trip. Chicken Day is one of her favorite days.

2 Likes

Of course you can have chicken!!! What kind of cold, heartless, uncaring monster wouldn’t get you only the finest food??? AND TODAY IS CHICKEN DAY!!! :yum:

Who’s a gud gurl??? Are you a gud gurl??? OF COURSE YOU ARE!!!

SQUIRREL!!!

2 Likes

what is the number of trees on a street that qualifies it as tree lined? I live in suburb in a flyover state. my street is tree lined by most conventional definitions. I can’t imagine the same sort of tree count in manhattan

not sure. i’ll count the number of trees on my block if i go out later. they make it a point to plant trees on every block here. it doesn’t make it the country though.

It’s not like Paris though — they are removing every parking space on the Champs Elysees to put in green space.

WHERE?!?!?!

no, the trees are on the sidewalk.

Standing next to the … EVIL MAILMAN!!! KIIIIILLLLLLLLL!!!

@JFG: have you taught Echo the “Kill” command yet???

1 Like

Why is Halloween candy already out in the stores??

i’d imagine anyone who buys halloween candy right now is just gonna eat it themselves rather than hand it out at halloween.

New York is not even in the top 70 most densely populated cities in the world, so you may want to re-think that.

Interestingly enough (at least I think), France had the most on that list.