Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

Had to use a suppository for the first time ever. Lovely.

Well. That worked quickly.

1 Like

Just wait until you go for your first colonoscopy!!! :astonished: :poop:

1 Like

I’m overdue for #2 due to family history (pun intended). I should do that this year.

2 Likes

Well as I said to the doctor, I’ve had better first dates. But I’ve also had worse.

2 Likes

This is the reason why your headache didn’t go away: That’s actually pronounced analgesic, not anal-gesic. Sir, the pills go in your mouth.

1 Like

IMO, the folks who set fireworks on the 4th of July between dusk and, oh around midnight, are not nearly as bad as those who do so on the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th, etc. Or the ones who set off fireworks at 2:30 AM.

For one night a year you can medicate your dog. The ex & I did that as his dog hated fireworks with a red hot burning passion… far more than other dogs I’ve known.

But to drag out fireworks a whole week or more is just super-duper obnoxious. Not only for dog owners, but for anyone who enjoys sleep.

6 Likes

I get probably 2-3 phishing scams a week trying to get access to my paypal account. I’m not a regular paypal user. I do have an account, but I haven’t used it since 2019.

FWP: I don’t know where I want to go out to eat today.

For next time: Wheel of Lunch

2 Likes

Cold scrambled eggs

1 Like

USATODAY.COM put up a paywall today. Now you have to pay a subscription to get all the articles.
Now there’s this:
:lock: Subscribe to View

back in the office for the first time since march of last year. REEEEEAAALLLLY liked working from home. also don’t trust people around here to practice distancing, hand washing, etc. less than 50% of the state is fully vaccinated and, from looking at people, you would think it never affected us here.

1 Like

Are you annoyed that you need to subscribe to view the article where they talk about all the reasons for why they’re asking you to subscribe?

“Skip Lunch”??? Uh, no… :unamused:

2 Likes

real estate brokers are big fat lying liars. my sister has been looking to buy an apartment. gave a few offers here and there, none of which worked out. for the last one, they said that someone outbid her, so she upped her offer a bit, they told her that she would have to bid 100k under the list amount to outbid them and get the apartment. She decided to pass. I thought, okay, that’s that, someone else is getting it. A few weeks passed and it did not go into contract. Then today I see that they have another open house this weekend. So, either that offer fell through, or more likely, there was no other offer, and real estate brokers are scum of the earth lying liars. They could always go back to my sister and see if she still wants it with her bid if she truly got outbid and they backed out, but hasn’t happened, so I think the broker was just lying. her offer was 150k less than the list price, and they are apparently holding out for the list price minus 100k even though, thus far, they ain’t getting it.

Holy cow… I thought it was a mistake at first when you said $100K under.

Around here the only question is how much over list price you need to go. List price is more like the amount that the auction starts at.

I routinely hear stories of people offering $50K above the asking price and they lose the home to someone who bid $70K or $80K over.

Listings are all “as is”… sellers will allow buyers to get an inspection so the buyer knows what they’re buying but the sellers won’t fix anything. And they all say things like “sellers will review all offers on Monday, July 12, but reserve the right to accept any offer at any time” for a listing that hit the market today.

the real estate market in manhattan hasn’t exploded like it has elsewhere in the country. for what my sister wants, the inventory is low though. for well-priced desirable apartments, they go quick, but plenty of others don’t.

she did lose out on her perfect apartment that sold within days of going on the market with a supposedly all cash offer, but the other one she missed out on was due to her own stupidity in being indecisive on it since it was one of the first she saw. then there was this one, where they didn’t like her offer, and tried to lie to her to get her offer to go up. this one is nice, but the kitchen is tiny, and i think that’s why it hasn’t gone fast. there is usually some flaw as to why an apartment doesn’t go fast.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.

Same here but multiply all your numbers by 5 or so. Places here are going for several 100,000s above list price. It’s crazy.