Annoyed Thoughts: archive 1

My wife and I were definitely cursing, because these guys ARE plumbers, and they had two shots to get it right, and then I still had to clean up after them. Thankfully I had an appropriate gasket in my toolbox and didn’t have to go to the hardware store, so it only took me about 15 minutes.

Have been dealing with this for months because no one wants to pick out a new faucet. I might just send a kid to the store to have them pick one, and whatever they get is what we will go with.

The inappropriate ‘grab it by the base’ jokes are never ending.

I buy a laptop that I like. Hire a co-op that originally might’ve worked between home and the office. They take my laptop. So now I don’t have a laptop.
Then I find another identical laptop at some dirt cheap price, going to pick it up tonite. So now I have my laptop back. Except this morning the student we have starting in a week emails me and says "can you set me up on a laptop?’. Sure I can.
Also annoying, thinking about this when I don’t really even use a laptop. I just like having one.

Has any provider’s menu options NOT changed recently? I’m tired of listening carefully.

7 Likes

Your call is important to us.

1 Like

If it was important to you, I wouldn’t be on hold.

1 Like

I got stuck in automated phone tree hell the other week when I got locked out of my online account. :furious:

I log in to TD Ameritrade. My phone number in the account info is outdated. I go to change it, but they want to text me on the old phone number (landline) to verify my identity, as if logging into account and answering security question wasn’t enough. That won’t work because 1) it was a land line and 2) it’s gone.

So I call 1-800 account assistance line, input my account number, date of birth, PIN number. I don’t have a PIN number so I have to input my account number, DOB and new PIN number (twice) and then verify that I know that I am updating my PIN number. Then I get a human who asks me my account number, date of birth, and PIN number. I tell her the system sucks and is inefficient. She tells me “No it’s not”

That would be particularly annoying after an already annoying (but all too common) experience.

Yikes!

I’ve had similar experiences, and complained to the employee, but they have all been well-enough trained to apologize and just remind me that despite the fact that the system already asked me those questions, they are required to ask again.

I always feel bad complaining to the person I’m talking with, knowing they’re lowest on the chain of command, probably hate their jobs, and can’t do anything about it anyway. But, they’re the face of the company for me and taking and relaying feedback ought to be a part of their jobs. I just try to not take my frustration and make it personal against them. Unless they get snarky and unprofessional with me first…and most don’t.

PIN stands for “personal identification number.”

Therefore, PIN number is a redundant statement.

2 Likes

What if you enter it using an ATM machine?

3 Likes

I think we all suffer from RAS Syndrome from time to time.

These would be good questions to put on the SAT Test.

While you guys argue about this, I’m going to go read my DC Comics.

Actually, I think I’m going to watch Television instead. I just bought a new LCD Display and want to see how good the picture is.

I wonder if this thing is stolen…someone scratched the UPC Code off of it.

It’s a good thing you all found each other.